Friday, June 26, 2020

Finally

At last, the masks have arrived: the ones that we ordered a month ago. It is a good thing that I chose the expedited option. I wonder how long we would have waited otherwise.

There were three. In addition to Sue's, this one seems to go well with my cap. The one not shown is a Canada-Maple Leaf theme. Perhaps I will get a pic of that one too before I go to post.

I am smiling this time. Can you tell?

With poor weather for a few days, I haven't done much photography. I don't like taking photos in harsh light during the middle of the day, but one day, with time to kill, I did anyway.

Knowing that regular photos wouldn't work well, I experimented with in-camera double exposures. I really don't know how to do these, and I think this style is pretty well done by trial and error anyway.

This is one result where the spire of townhall is superimposed toward the bottom of the main image. It might be something to try to work on more although I think it takes better artistic vision than I possess. I was pretty well just shooting randomly, trying to figure out how it works.


After more than 3 months of keeping pretty isolated and not grocery shopping, I am disposed to resume the task. Shauna opines that she feels that if you have to be out and about, grocery stores are about the safest place to be. Sue doesn't like grocery shopping, but I don't mind wandering the aisles, so I am somewhat looking forward to getting back to it. Somewhat.

Online ordering and pickup has worked very well, but we seem to order more than we need, particularly in terms of goodies. For example, we currently have three boxes of these types of cookies, each coming from a different order.

Whippet | Dare Foods

And here we go with the other mask that I mentioned at the outset: a good mask for a Canadian, especially with Canada Day rapidly approaching. But there's more than the mask here. When I went out recently with so much paraphernalia, I decided that I wanted to share my look here. Not only did I have my hat and mask but also my streaming device for my hearing aids hanging around my neck and plus my sunglasses with a cord. I attach them with a cord, so I can easily remove them from my eyes but still keep them attached when I am using the camera. That's a lot of stuff wrapped around my neck and head.






13 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yeah on getting the long awaited mask order and they do look colorful. Thankfully I ordered from a local company and delivery was within 2 days.

Barbara Rogers said...

I think you and Sue look great in your new masks. Fashion has arrived. So now you're ready to stomp the aisles and get more of whatever you like to eat. I still have a friend or two who bring me special treats, but I think I may go shopping soon. I need some permanent masks that can be washed. Mine are all disposable and reused! North Carolina's governor just mandated wearing masks again, but I doubt that all the people will comply. They think it's a sign of political statement, the poor goons.

DJan said...

Nice looking masks. I think I like the plaid the best, but you must be kidding that you were smiling, with all those frown lines. Glad to see you're still having fun with photography. :-)

Marcia said...

Are you sure they'll let you in the store looking like that? LOL.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

So glad your masks finally arrived. I think I like the plaid one best!

MARY G said...

I find the combination of mask plus hearing aid plus glasses to be really annoying. Whatever I take off pulls off something else. But it is worth it to be able to get out.
How do you find those masks. I have that pattern but have only made one like it as JG did not find it comfortable. I may have been my sewing job.
I recall doing double exposures with the film camera. Tricky.

Marie Smith said...

Masks are a way of life for many people these days.

We chose the expedited parcel delivery as well and the thing was in Stoney Creek for three weeks. It arriveD today, finally. Glad we chose expedited too.

Margaret said...

Love the new masks! You are matching your hat too. :) I'm not clever enough to know what that photographic technique even is. I've never been a huge fan of grocery shopping(it was my late husband's job), but I haven't hated it as much as I do lately. It is a necessary evil since my pick up orders were routinely missing several important items. Like bagels!

gigi-hawaii said...

Glad you like your cloth masks. We have several of our own. But, we seem to prefer paper masks, as they are light weight and more comfortable.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like that hat. Probably way too big for me.

Rita said...

I like your new masks! :)

PipeTobacco said...

Hey! I love those cookies!!! My wife and I had them last year when we were in Canada. They are sadly not available in the US. My other two especially favorite treats from Canada are “CoffeCrisp” candy bars and Canadian “KitKat” bars..... KitKats in the US are made by a different chocolate company.... and the chocolate is bland compared to the Canadian variety.

I used to also like to have a real Cuban cigar when I would be in Canada.

PipeTobacco

Kay said...

Heeeey.... Those are really GORGEOUS masks! Lucky you!