Monday, June 29, 2020

A Decent Photo or Two

I drove the 5 minutes or so to a nearby hamlet downstream along the river. The skies were a bright blue, and try as I might, I didn't get any successful shots. It wasn't the moody post-sunset blue hour but pre-sunset bright blue, and I couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. Those photos have since been deleted.

 After about a half hour, I began to see a bit of colour appearing.


Only three minutes later, the orange glow at the centre became more pronounced. I zoomed in tighter to focus on that area.


So I guess, after many unsuccessful attempts, I came away with one decent photo. At least I think so.

(Actually, I don't mind the first one either, but y'know . . . )


19 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

They are both super, in my eyes anyway.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I agree with Barbara Rogers. I find them both wonderful!

Marcia said...

I do like the first one with the rays of sun and the reflection. I think its the better of the two for the interest.

Should Fish More said...

I really like both of them.

Should Fish More said...

Is that a skim of ice on the water?

gigi-hawaii said...

Both photos are beautiful. It's amazing how Mother Nature works.

Anvilcloud said...

No, that it where the water is churning up in the wind and the proximity to the dam. I have seen it calm there, and I wish that had been the case last night.

Margaret said...

WOW! I love both photos; they are magical!!

DJan said...

I think both photos are wonderful! Perhaps you are expecting something more than perfection? :-)

Marie Smith said...

Well...that was perfect!

Joanne Noragon said...

That last is a stunner.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a great spot, lovely photos, as always.

Doris Potter said...

I am jealous of both your sunsets and your ability to capture them so beautifully!

Rita said...

I like them both but actually prefer the first one. :)

BethB from Indiana said...

I like the first one the best.

MARY G said...

Two keepers, as far as I am concerned. But you are right about the pre-sunset light in June. Harsh.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful! Both of them.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, your efforts did pay off, as they usually do even when you dislike some of the results. The second image is stunning and worth the early out of bed effort.

Kay said...

I think they are both stunning photos, but you know what? I actually like that first one a little more because of the clarity, the sun rays and the water reflection.