Sunday, June 07, 2020

Wetland

Another uneventful day. I do have a few photos from earlier that I can share, but we may be getting to the point where it is time to take a few days off. Did I just hear thunderous applause? (I was going to add from the peanut gallery, but I have learned that the phrase has racial overtones.)

These moustaches look like wings and big enough to carry us off.


On the opposite side of the river from the park where I shoot many of my photos such as the recent trees and sunset photos, is another recreational area with a trail and very scrubby woodland. Within all of the brush there are ponds to the extent where I guess I should call it a swamp. Or should I just go with wetland?

It is tough to take photos in there, but I pushed my camera through some of the brush by the trail to try to capture a bit of what it is like in there.


More reflections, but it shows just how dense the brush is in the background.


I did find one interesting tree that was semi isolated.


I don't know if I should try again and take a bit more time, and I may, but I don't think I can find anything much better.

11 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

I really like the bent tree image! I have been letting my mustache (and beard too) grow “big” .... and my mustache now looks a lot like the ones in your selfies.

PipeTobacco

Jenn Jilks said...

I love that part of CP.
How are the bugs there? Ours are terrible.
We had such an eventful day yesterday, I am still stressed, trying to relax!!!
The mustaches are a nice touch! Technology can be so fun.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sometimes I wake up with a word that comes out of nowhere. Bog was the one that I first thought the other day. But it's not at all the same as swamp...as I became awake I remembered that peat bogs are in Ireland. And that's my own trivia today. Yes, a bunch of greenery is hard to sort out, as well as reflections. But keep on taking photos...it's educational to me!

Marie Smith said...

Love those photos of the brilliant new green AC.

Margaret said...

Greens and foliage make excellent shots! I tend to focus too much on flowers, and not enough on trees and plants. Those moustaches are very British colonel style. I too am pondering how long I can keep up the daily posting. I've decided that when I go back to New York, I won't post as much unless I have to quarantine for the full 14 days. Then I might post several times a day out of boredom. LOL

DJan said...

Lovely green in those pictures. Did you two try to lift off with those moustaches? :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

I like your selfies. Awesome what you can do on the computer.
So, it looks like the weather is improving over there? The foliage looks so lush and green.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It's my first time on your blog and I like the beautiful photos and the mustaches! Have a great week!

Rita said...

What a fascinating, magical place!! :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Look at all those May apples.

Kay said...

I do like that feathery look of the last photo. Looks quite magical.