Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Higgledy-Piggledy

Update: I had this post ready to go, so I will post it, but it almost seems wrong to post something so lighthearted when the situation in America became even worse yesterday in light the president's egregious behaviour.

Apparently, June is Pride Month, so here we are.


Although I had planned to not bother with forget-me-not macros this year, in favour of a few non-macro photos, I broke down.



I also broke down and asked Sue to cut my hair. This is my second COVID cut, but this is our norm. She always cuts my hair, mostly because to pay a barber to cut my pathetic bit of hair irks me greatly. I can't stand paying the same price as someone with full locks, and then they expect a tip.

Bonus Selfie

It's crazy that I need to keep my hair fairly trim when I have such a minimal amount, but it does go all higgledy-piggledy for some reason.


It's an expression that I heard growing up. I think the last time I heard it used was in 2000 when a speaker used the term in a PD session. Two younger lady teachers went into hysterics, and the principal had to suggest that they leave the room

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, but you do keep a nice trim beard! I am glad you agree about hair cutting prices. I followed a fellow having been cut at my hair dressers last time I went, and after he'd left I asked my hair groomer if he gave a discount because he only had half as much hair as I did. Hair groomer laughed. I didn't think it was funny!

DJan said...

I am so ready to get my Covid coiffe fixed up. Soon. I also cut hubby's hair for the same reason: it drives him crazy to have them cut it and charge him full price. I am happy to do it. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

I've cut mine twice, too.
Sue seems to be doing OK, though.

We need light-hearted posts, too. Did you read what Hillier has done, now? Shameful man.
White people have to bear witness.

Margaret said...

I think the less hair one has, the more it can go crazy. I love that expression, but have trouble spelling it. You are very fortunate to have Sue! I need my own personal hair cutter. Happy Pride, even though it's overshadowed by current events this year. Ugh.

Marie Smith said...

Great photos AC.