Monday, June 22, 2020

Father Figure

A quick hit about my father's day, which I am absolutely positive that people around the world are gasping for. I mean, I don't want people to have a bad and sad day just because I didn't post about my personal father's day.

It actually began on Saturday. The doorbell rang, and these were delivered from my daughter and partner in Vancouver. Allyson specifically requested that sunflowers be included as she was reminded of a very tall variety that I once planted in my former garden.


As we were oohing and ahhing over this very beautiful bouquet, the doorbell rang again, only about 10 minutes after.


It us a bag of goodies from various retailers in town. These retailers would also make a significant donation to the local food bank. What a great idea — help support local merchants and contribute to the foodbank at the same time.



This gift tickled my funny bone at the time, just as the subsequent photo now does.

It's not a Dad bod It's a Father Figure

On Sunday, Sha and the kids dropped over with coconut cream pie and that sumptuous maple cheddar cheese that I have previously mentioned.



There! I have done my duty to bring a sense of completion to the universe.

You're welcome.

15 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I was looking all over for your blog - since I knew you commented on mine hours ago. Blogger didn't link this post on my "following list." grrrr. But now I found you, and enjoyed your Fathers Day celebration...what lovely presents...and you do look like a happy dad!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

And the universe is complete! What a wonderful Father's Day you had. And I believe, a very well deserved one.

Marie Smith said...

It looked like a perfect day AC.

Silver in AZ said...

well I for one am delighted you had such a great father's day! Well deserved!

gigi-hawaii said...

Sweet presents from your sweet family. Enjoy.

DJan said...

Looks like it was pretty much a perfect day. I love the message on the cup! :-)

Mage said...

LOL Thank you.

Margaret said...

That is a perfect FD--thoughtful and meaningful presents and recognition from your kids. I love that mug!! Getting to see your family is certainly another wonderful gift these days.

Jenn Jilks said...

Aw, I'm so glad you shared this. I was waiting to see your goodies!

PipeTobacco said...

Nice to see you had a pleasant day!!’

PipeTobacco

Rita said...

What a wonderful Father's Day! :)

Mara said...

Love the flowers. So cheerful. We have a couple of sunflowers growing in our garden right now, but it will be while yet before they even think about producing a proper flower. It's just stem now.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed sharing your day through this photo post and it looked like a wonderful day with family and gifts, AC.

Vicki Lane said...

Whew! Glad to see the kids didn't forget! Beautiful sunflowers and that cheese sounds wonderful!

Blondi Blathers said...

Well didn't YOU get spoiled! All my dad got was a phone call. -Kate