Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Another Step

One more step: a little step, but a step.

The little independent cafe, the one that exhibits a few of my photos, has re-opened. Just for takeout, mind you, but it's a step. We pre-ordered our favourite cheesy scones and also, of course, asked for coffees while we were at it.

It was nice to support a local business, but it will take me awhile to get used to the new look in places with all of the plexiglass. And I continue to mask within stores as safe as they might be.

It was a cloudy day with the threat of rain, so we were happy to once again indulge in our comestibles in the car.


As we sat there, I began to cast my eye over the adjacent park and decided to return with my camera. I managed to get some nice photos. To get as much of the trees as I wished, I had to also put up with getting too much rather blank sky, but these are the compromises that one makes. I do rather like the photos although the sky is a bit of a detraction. As you will see, the green is still pretty lush at this time of year.



I also took some verticals of the same trees, but I liked the horizontals better, so I shall just post them.

And a styled selfie to end the daily post, or what has become an almost daily post with an almost daily selfie in these times.



12 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

That first tree has so much personality!

Barbara Rogers said...

You all look simply fabulous...very Hollywood.

gigi-hawaii said...

A nice post that distracts us from the misery around us. Actually, it is very peaceful and calm in Hawaii, which is unbelievable.

DJan said...

I like the lush greenery, and your daily selfie. I am glad I found you a while back. Your posts always make me feel like I'm in the presence of a gentle old soul. :-)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

The photos are beautiful. I especially love that first tree. And smile at your selfies and the good news about your take out cheesy scones and coffee.

Margaret said...

Sue and you look TRES COOL! I'm glad you got back to (sort of) normal with cheesy scones and coffee. My local Sbux just opened up for drive through, so I've been there a couple times. I dislike drive through, but it's going to be that way until possibly September. Your photos are incredible! I love the green, the tree(s) and the way you've composed the picture. You have the eye that I lack!

Marie Smith said...

That is the most brilliant green ever. Love it!

Rita said...

Oh, I just love that first tree! Such character!

Drive up and staying in the car is probably the safest way to support local restaurants anyways. ;)

Joanne Noragon said...

The tree with the aged bark is wonderful.

Red said...

You're having a lot of fun with selfies. I've started looking for these every day.

dellgirl said...

I love the idea of the take out cheesy scones and coffee, and sitting and eating/drinking them in the car sounds like so much fun. 5 stars and Thumbs-up on the selfie!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see you both out and about and enjoying your treats sans masks. I liked the framing if the far tree inside the closer one.