Monday, June 08, 2020

Chips Cash Camera

For 11.5 weeks, I haven't had to reach into my wallet for cash because nobody wants actual money these days. They want you to just wave your card at a little machine, even for very small purchases. So, the $20 stayed and stayed.

Until yesterday.

A new chip* truck has opened in our park, and we decided to indulge (sorry, no pics — maybe next time). I had my card out, but it was cash only because they are in a park and without wifi.

The fries were scrumptious and plentiful.
*BTW in Canada we generally call them fries, but we understand and use the Britishism of chips for food trucks and for fish and chips. We understand that too. We Canadians are a mixed up lot with a largely British heritage but living cheek by jowl alongside the goliath that is America.
This was sometime after meeting Danica in the park for a camera lesson. She needed some help with controlling exposure on her new/my old camera. Eventually, we got there, but her camera is two generations back from the one that I now use. Some things change, and it took me awhile to find the right button combination for exposure compensation, which, in deference to my ever-lovin audience, I will refrain from explaining just now.

Of course, I have some photos, some from my camera as we were experimenting, and some form Sue's phone. I don't think further explication is necessary.











14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Very cool action with a runner and sea gull following. I remember learning all the f-stops, and shutter speeds...and had my favorites back when I used ISO 400 Fuji film...ah, those were the days!

DJan said...

Nice to have a budding artist in the family, learning from the old man. Love that first picture, the clouds are so pretty. :-)

Marcia said...

Looks like that was a beautiful day. We went out for soft cream on Saturday night, masked and 6 feet from the person in front. It was good. Don't mis the selfies. Thank you!

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't it wonderful teaching them something?
Lovely post.

Marie Smith said...

Precious time with your girl!

Tabor said...

Those are really terrific pictures as each one tells a clear and intriguing story. I have trouble finding the right button on my cameras all the time...even the one I use most often.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A beautiful day, a great meeting...You look so serious in the photo where you are explaining things to Danica. And then come pictures of her wonderful smile and running. Wonderful!

gigi-hawaii said...

Danica is so cute and pretty. Hope her photos turned out fine, using your old camera.

Margaret said...

That one of Danica running with the gull after her is amazing! By the way, tell her that one of your blog readers(me!) loves her shirt. The day looks beautiful and rewarding. A chips truck! Is it just regular chips/fries or is it like poutine with toppings?

Mage said...

Just perfection.

Joanne Noragon said...

Look at her taking pictures. And escaping a sea gull. The color differences are stark.

Red said...

Kids can have a lot of fun with a camera and learn a few things along the way.

Rita said...

You got great shots of her. I love her top.
She must take after you. ;)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks you may well start Danica on the way to a lot of fun with photography. Even though you and now her camera is an older model, it's the person behind the equipment that gets the shot regardless of the age or type of equipment. I think you may also agree, AC.