Thursday, June 11, 2020

Bending the Curve

The COVID situation seems to be not only flattening, but we appear to be bending the curve. Our province which is the most populated in Canada has the highest number of new cases, but yesterday was the 4th consecutive day in the 200s and the 6th day below 400.


Quebec, which was the most affected province, is doing even better in the 100s, and the rest of the country is almost free of new cases.

Bear this in mind as time unfolds and restrictions are loosened (a TW quote): A high majority cases of COVID-19 studies show are indoors, without masks, 6 foot distances not maintained AND some time spent in that bad environment. Planes/long meetings/your home are examples of bad places.


Shauna has her car again, which means that we do too. Her two repair sessions combined for ~$1500 cost. Ouch.

Yesterday morning, I took a few more flower photos, just outside our own front door. I was interested in seeing what I could do with the chive plant that thrives almost untended year after year in a corner by the door. I came away with two photos that I rather like. Chive blooms are not as vibrant as they appear in these photos, but I can't help trying to heighten the visual appeal. Actually, I wanted to get them more in the bud stage, but alas, I am a Johnny come lately, so to speak.



I also took a shot of an orange flower that was poking out of the flower box of the neighbour who shares a yard with us. She gets nice boxes, but if we didn't do the watering, they wouldn't last long.


Today's Selfie: my pom poms (or whatever) are slipping to my real hair level, which is my beard. My halo slipped a long long time ago. Last I remember seeing it was when I stepped on it before I inadvertently kicked it to the curb.


10 comments:

DJan said...

I like that second chive shot very much. And I laughed to see how the app decided to use your beard as your actual hair level. Thanks for the smile this morning. :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Chives are good for much more than herb usage as you have shown us.

Marie Smith said...

Love the chive shots. Love that herb. The blooms are edible too.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the chive shots. I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to cature the same from a pot of chives on our porch.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I was out quite a bit a couple of days ago in several different locations, and while there were lots of people around, I was pleased that there appeared to be no gross stupidity. A little common sense will go a long way in helping to fight this pandemic.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good news for the numbers! Selfie is looking ok...you all are always very cute. Love the macro flower shots. A bit intense in coloring...but I dare say that was an editing choice. I guess going B&W would look entirely different.

gigi-hawaii said...

Love the colorful flowers. You did a good job with the photography.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was a good giggle!!!

Margaret said...

Beautiful chives! I laughed when you wrote about your halo. :) Felicitations on your good numbers! Our American exceptionalism(which means Covidiots and Trumpsters) is driving our cases way back up. It is going to be dire. I'll be flying on a plane in July, but taking as many precautions as I can.

Joanne Noragon said...

I love chive blossoms. I've had a pot of them for more than thirty years. I gave it to my sister when I made this last move, and sadly, they all died.