Sunday, May 17, 2020

Chance Meeting

Since I have missed a few selfies lately, how about 2 today?

First, we have a solution for COVID hair care. Sue is particularly joyful about this.


How about a virtual trip to the Magic Kingdom?


The weather is warming, but yesterday proved to be quite overcast. Therefore, we didn't go for a sit in the park as we had thought we might, but we did take our usual walk to the pond.

The first thing was seeing a lady photographing the heron. This heron isn't spooked by people and got even closer to her than this.


The bird moved to near me. Intent on shooting, at first I didn't notice that the lady had moved to my side. She is younger, and her knees still work. I do what I can. She knew of me because I help to moderate the local photography FB group. Now I know her although it might be a stretch to actually remember her name.


We both squeezed the shutter a lot. Here are two photos that are good enough after doing a bit of brightening in edit to relieve some of the dullness of the cloudy conditions.



Have a good Sunday, folk. This is a holiday weekend in Canada, the weekend where the weather may sometimes be nice enough to get outdoors, do some gardening, or open cottages and trailers. I don't think we'll be doing any of those things, but perhaps we can enjoy the improving weather.

14 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

What a delightful event! And those selfies!!!
I did some gardening and it was lovely, even as I swore at the twitch grass.
I have a sliver, too. But it's all good. I'd forgotten it was a holiday. sigh. All the days seem the same.

Margaret said...

I may be looking for curlers soon! Love the photos of the heron; it really isn't scared of people. Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend with some nice weather.

Mara said...

Oh yes, I might have to resort to those type of curlers soon! I have booked an appointment at the hairdresser's, but I hope to also start work around the same time. Priorities...

MARY G said...

The second heron shot is superb. High marks for posing the bird just right. :-)

Marie Smith said...

Love the reflections of the heron!

Kay said...

Those selfies are hilarious! And the heron shots are just awesome! That must have been so exciting. I see that you are sort of keeping your social distance.

Tabor said...

Great photos all around. Funny that the heron is not fearful. We have a great blue on the river, but there is no way to get close!!

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks like some nice shots of the fowl and the water.

DJan said...

Love the selfies, and that last heron picture is stunning! :-)

Vicki Lane said...

That last shot of the heron is WONDERFUL! How nice to have such an acommodating model.

Joanne Noragon said...

An approachable heron! I want to come to Canada!

Rita said...

Looks like you both got great pics of the heron.
Love both the selfies. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW two selfies in a single post, you have outdone yourselves on these and I am looking forward to a hair cut appointment myself this week. That heron was a great capture and I can well imagine the close-ups the other photographer capturesd with her long lens. My knees also would not have worked well in a getting up attempt.

Blondi Blathers said...

The selfie of you two in curlers is my favourite so far. It made me laugh out loud -- and one can never laugh often enough! -Kate