Thursday, May 21, 2020

Coffee on the Deck

Our first coffee with friends since early March went really well yesterday. The weather was sensational, and their backyard is a very pleasant place. We had tons of space on their deck. I am on the left if you can't tell.


We even brought our own coffee, so there wasn't contact of any sort.

I did not do the photography thing that I hinted at in yesterdays post but will try today with other friends whom we know better. Aside from knowing them better, Bob is also a photographer who will understand my experiment and possibly be interested in it as something he might want to try on his own.

==============

I have talked before about Lacey's peculiar dining habits, so I won't rehash that, but I thought this post that I saw on FB was quite appropriate.


Between feedings she stretches out comfortably. We get a kick out of this pose.


==============

Our publicly funded provincial schools have been cancelled until September. I think they will start them back up then out of necessity or close to it, but I think they will look different.

Meanwhile the University of Cambridge has cancelled traditional lectures until 2021. That is probably very realistic and reasonable.


==============

And of course, our daily selfie.


This should be a good day with the weather forecast to be just about perfect. I hope you have a good day wherever you might be.

14 comments:

Marcia said...

How nice to be able to gather with neighbors. On occasion there are people in the garden here sitting at a distance to talk. Hearing issues though mean there's a lot of "What did you say?" and especially difficult for lip readers because of the masks.

DJan said...

Our weather is supposed to be rainy, but only 50% chance. I'm going out for a hike anyway, since it's Thursday. Enjoy your day, and thanks for the sweet cat pictures. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

It's tricky with masks on, isn't it?! Especially for those with hearing impairments. Hubby can't hear me on a normal day!

Shammickite said...

How wonderful to be interacting with neighbours over a cuppa coffee. I have been on my own for so long that I cant remember what chatting with an actual person feels like!

Christina said...

Coffee with friends! I'd love that. Maybe soon.

Our first minister Nicola Sturgeon announced that schools will open in August, using a blended model with home learning and school learning. Exciting times. She also mentioned that all things well next week, we'll be allowed to meet someone else than family outside soon.

My own university (University of Glasgow) will start with a blended model in September, with some on campus teaching but initially online only. It is difficult for those courses that have a big practical component. My own courses are all online, no change for me.

Cats, what can I say? One of ours thinks she is a dog.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These sorts of visits can do a lot for ones mental health! My daughter Emily who is a professor at Cleveland State University is still not sure what will be happening in the fall. But she thinks it will continue to be online.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice to sit outside with friends. Love the cat photos and your selfies.

Margaret said...

That coffee date looks wonderful. I have a fairly large deck and need to set up something like that. Or a pizza dinner! The weather is definitely undependable this time of year. I'm wondering how our schools will look in the fall too. It's going to be a tough transition.

A Cuban In London said...

Lovely pic. And you all were physically distant! :-)

We're having some of the hotter temperatures in the UK at the moment.

Greetings from London.

Marie Smith said...

The weather was perfect here today too. Nice to have a day like that in the midst of the pandemic.

Mage said...

It's just perfect here. :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Cat 911; how funny.

Mara said...

Oh yes, cats and their food! Very recognisable.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Gathering with neighbors even at a social distance is important and something we hope to achieve this weekend.