Friday, May 22, 2020

Timelapse

Things are very slowly changing but some changes are for the worst.

Good Changes

We received a message that the dog park is now open, with sensible restrictions, of course. While that doesn't affect me, the simultaneous lifting of the complete prohibition from sitting on park benches was music to my ears. No, they won't be cleaned by the town; yes, we may use at our own risk. But since I haven't been convinced that park benches were much of risk anyway (I didn't say none), I will appreciate the opportunity to make use of their availability when it seems appropriate.


A Disappointing but Expected Change

The town giveth and the town taketh away, for they cancelled the Canada Day celebrations on July 1st. Of course, this was not the least bit surprising, but I had been hoping to shoot the fireworks again this year.


The Coffee Date

We did meet with friends for coffee in the park. It was lovely. We chatted for almost 2 hours. I am sure that you can find better days and places than this, but you'd have to look hard.


I did the thing which I had been hinting at by taking my first timelapse ever. Even though people drinking coffee is a rather banal subject, I wanted to see if I could do a timelapse. I set the camera for 700 exposures over about 45 minutes, which resulted in a 26 second video. Since it was mostly repetitive hand gesturing (my do we ever use our hands a lot), I trimmed it down to 10 seconds and added some music.


Other friends chanced by for a spell.


The Daily Selfie

Of course, I have todays selfie for you. We haven't run out yet, and just when the end seems imminent, new stylings present themselves.


Exasperation Time

Not all went swimmingly yesterday. Shauna came home from work and did some shopping, but when she returned to her car, it fizzled. This is a problem that she didn't need. She has borrowed our vehicle for the day, which is not a problem for we had no plans. Of course, she has visions of many $$ leaving her bank account, to say nothing of the temporary inconvenience involved.

14 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The time lapse was fun to view and something I have never tried, and it was even more fun with music😀 Today’s selfies were among my favorite so far in the series. Yes, it is unfortunate that so many community events have been cancelled and the same here as well with Memorial Day and then July 4th. I agree with your comment that park benches don’t seem too risky.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the video! What fun!
I agree. The town is hedging its bets. There is little danger there.
That's the best selfie yet!
I'm so sorry for Shauna. That's a significant purchase. We bought a BBQ yesterday!

Marie Smith said...

I am enjoying your foray into video!

Businesses are open here today though much has changed.

Shammickite said...

I have no idea how I could do a timelapse video but it does seem like fun. Especially with that fast music.
Car trouble is the worst!, just what nobody needs while in the throes of a pandemic shutdown.
Just about everything that is fun has been cancelled here. Thanks a lot, Coronavirus, for spoiling my summer.

DJan said...

You had fun making that video, I think. And your selfie makes me smile to look at it. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a great combination of outing, photo experimenting and updates with fam and friends. Sorry to hear about your daughter's car. We've been reminded to drive ours at least 1/2 hour every week just to keep batteries charged. I'll be allowed to drive again next week post surgery. Great to be back reading your news!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Love the time lapse film and I think you chose the perfect music for it! Sorry about Shauna's car problems and hope it will be something simple to fix. And not expensive.

gigi-hawaii said...

That's too bad about the car, but I love your time spent with friends near the water. Beautiful scene!

Margaret said...

That weather looks beautiful, the curly gray hair "interesting" but the car problems are stressful, especially now. Hope they can get worked out without too much $$.

Tabor said...

you guys move really fast for your age!! Wish I could do that. I love that you got together with friends. I wish we had someone who wanted to stop by.

Red said...

This opening up could cause some problems we don't like. I think we're opening too soon.

Marcia said...

Just wondering - you have no mask requirements there in Canada when out and about?

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice hair. Nice time lapse. I hope Shauna's car is a simple dead battery or some such.

Rita said...

Time lapse! Now that was interesting, I must say. What a cool camera you have. NIce to have a visit with friends and that the park benches are open again. :)