Sunday, May 10, 2020

We Relented

We set a record low temperature yesterday. It was -3.3C/26F with a windchill of -11C/26F. We hadn't turned the furnace back on, so I found myself wearing a hoodie with a warm sweater over top. And I have worn a hoodie to bed for 3 consecutive nights. At noon our house temperature was down to 15.5C/60F, and we were getting very cold, so we relented and turned the furnace on.

Today should be a little more reasonable, however; it may rise to to 10C/50F but winds will remain ridiculous at 24k/15mph with gusts to 35k/22mph. That's just stupid.

==============

In case you ever need to convert measurements, let Google be your calculator. When I wanted to find the equivalent of -11C, I typed it into the spacebar like this -11C= F, and this is what I got back in less than half a second.



Similarly 6.3lb= kg gives an answer of 2.9kg and so on.

It doesn't have to be metric conversion: 3176lb=1.6tons, while 27oz=1.7lb, and 4floz=.5cups and so on. It's a very handy tool.

==============

Speaking of yesterday, what a difference a day can make. After whinging on yesterdays post over my Sudoku failure, I played a very hard game yesterday morning, and I didn't have a problem with concentration over the half hour that it took me to finish. It did take longer than average, but I was mistake-free and just plodded along until I had it solved.

==============

Meanwhile, the selfies continue, and I am pretty in pink, doncha think?


14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Wind woke us last night. I thought the roof was lifting off. We had snow too, gone now but the wind continues with the sun this morning. It is too strong to go for a walk.

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, after a day of graupel, it was bizarre. Sun would come out and melt it and it'd fall again.
You two look lovely in pink!!!!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Much too cold! We had snow but it didn't last. A blogger in Vermont had six inches. I'm not sure that pink lace is right for you.

b said...

Thanks for the conversion hint. I’ll try it soon! Happy mum’s day!

DJan said...

Now that is cold! I'm glad it is beginning to moderate for you. I like the pink but the mascara, not so much. :-)

Margaret said...

Very pretty masks! :) That is very cold, and I would turn on the furnace too. (I actually never turn mine off) We are breaking records in the other direction. Close to 90/32 today.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, you are BOTH lovely in pink, today on what is celebrated as Mother's Day here in the US.

Haddock said...

Sudoko failure? It may take a longer time but eventually one has to get it.
By the way the pink mask looks good.

Mage said...

Lovely in Pink indeed. Congratulations of the error free suduko.

gigi-hawaii said...

Man, it's cold over there in Canada. Come to Hawaii where it is perpetual summer. Lol.

dellgirl said...

Yesterday was pleasantly sunny and cool, not too anything. Same today. You both look lovely in pink.

Red said...

Good info on changing units in different systems. I change units on the blog but it's a pain and I've forgotten how to do it.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Those are pretty snazzy mask, got me thinking. Some day will be were formal mask or not

Joanne Noragon said...

Good for you and soduku. I never did geddit.