Friday, May 29, 2020

Shauna Me

Shauna posted this pic to our fam jam group. I thought I was seeing me. I mean, there is hair on top in this pic and all and of course she looks a younger than this poor, old fella, but OMG it was freaky. I looked for the filter that she used just for comparison, but I couldn't find it. I think mine would look very similar, however, although there would be a age discrepancy.


It reminds me of a friend from when the kids were young, who said, "Shauna looks like John but acts like Sue. Allyson looks like Sue but acts like John." So yes, she really does look a lot like John. BTW, Allyson is our other daughter who lives on the west coast and, therefore, doesn't get much mention in these posts.

Shauna was also a bit freaked out by the similarity, so she followed up with this one.


That's better.

Now, here's our daily selfie.


Speaking of Shauna, work is driving her crazy. They have set up places for visiting at her residence with lines clearly marked. But then everyone attempts to move their chairs closer together. I think it's a bit like herding cats. You remember the classic commercial, right?


Also speaking of Shauna, her car repairs came to $800, and she had to borrow ours for 3 days. That was no problem for us as there is nowhere to go anyway, especially in this heat, which leads me to ask, What happened to spring? I think it lasted for all of 3 days. Within about two weeks we moved from snowfall warnings to heat warnings.

The heat caused us to cancel our coffee date in the park yesterday, but maybe we can get together on the weekend, which is supposed to be cooler. In fact, it already is cooler as I sit here at 5:45 in the morning.

Back to Sha's need of our car. It caused us to postpone changing our winter tires, which will now be done in a few hours. I left it so long because we haven't been needing to use the car much. In fact, she probably put on more miles in three days that we have throughout the rest of the pandemic.

Have a good day as we head into the weekend.




13 comments:

Marcia said...

You definitely have some quirky portraits! I think our oldest daughter would look like Dan and the youngest like me if we did that with a photo. No plans to though.

Jenn Jilks said...

There is that, not driving much.
These are so fun.
Our grandies have been happy poppa put up their new kiddie pool. We've got them next week. We'll see how that goes!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wow, the beard and bigger chin do make her look a lot like you...but not totally. Our kids are wonderful blends, and their own people, in spite of our efforts. Glad car troubles are behind. I'm also glad to know of other daughter! Make some photos of her too, adjusted of course. Yes, we had a nice long spring this year, but last year was one of those blink and it's gone. Sorry you've had that. June is right around the corner.

PipeTobacco said...

Really liked the cat herding commercial.... had never seen it before!

The pictures of family are really cool too. If I were to hazard a guess, most of my kids tend to look MORE like me (sorry, kids) than they do my wife. If you do ever identify the filter used, I might try to see if I can do that with photos of my kids.

PipeTobacco

gigi-hawaii said...

Your daughter is beautiful. And so are her parents!

DJan said...

Ouch to that car repair bill. But kudos for the fun pictures, including your daughter as a mini-AC. :-)

William Kendall said...

Very creative!

Red said...

Interesting how little we drive during this time.

Marie Smith said...

We missed spring too...right into summer. It’s hot early this year!

Joanne Noragon said...

I don't have many places to go, but when I do, stand aside.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Sorry about the expensive car repair! Love all those photos. I don't think I really understand how those filters work, but one of my daughters has done some of that, once. We had too cold, then too hot, but now we are having a few days of just right.

Rita said...

Never have seen that commercial--pretty funny!

Yes, kind of spooky look-alike picture.

Have a great weekend. :)

Margaret said...

I find resemblances fascinating! Did you realize how much she looked like you before this? My older daughter resembles my late husband, but emotionally is more like me, although she also has many of his traits. (artistic, spatial, creative). My younger one looks a lot like me, but with huge blue eyes. She is much more like her dad in that she is reserved and keeps her emotions hidden much of the time. She's also a terrific athlete whereas I'm not. :)I'm glad that the car situation is resolved, but $800, ouch!