Friday, May 10, 2024

The Other Photos

As the season changes, the photos are coming fast and furious these days. Today, I present a few that didn't seem to fit into recent posts.

On the day that I was focusing on the greening, I snagged this photo of a greening tree on the right and a bloke and his dog emerging from under the old railway underpass. Bonus: he was earing red.


Later that morning, I photographed two images around the museum garden while Sue was taking her own pics somewhere else on the premises. You have seen those gnarly branches previously in a different sort of photo. Then I saw the flower photo op: one reddish tulip hovering over the blue grape hyacinths.



At home one day, I played around with ICM (Intentional Camera Movement)  on the lilac bush. Aside from a bit of a crop, the first image is close to SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera). The second photo was opposite as I applied various textures and filters to the image.



We are loaded with dandelions everywhere. Indeed, as much as we dislike them taking over our lawns, blankets of dandelions here and there on roadsides and elsewhere do look pretty darn good.  I haven't felt much like getting down to their level, but I found two low, macro photos from a few years ago.





15 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I liked the tulip, and the ICM second one...that canvass texture really makes it look painterly. Yay dandelions!

Jeanie said...

Spring is such a fabulous time for shooting -- as you've shown here. Marvelous details! (Those grape hyacinths make me smile!)

Ed said...

Thanks for the tip on my blog this morning!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Although loathed by many, dandelions do bring a little color and the deer absolutely love them!

Sandra said...

I have come to embrace dandelions. They are so vibrant and vigorous! The tulip photo is my favorite out all the excellent photos.

Vicki Lane said...

Very nice shots!

gigi-hawaii said...

You show your photos well. Love that spot of red in the top one.

Marie Smith said...

Great series, AC. The tulip is my favourite.

Margaret said...

I love the glow of light on the tulip and the dandelions!

Cloudia said...

What a beautiful essay about spring in your area, AC! Aloha

RedPat said...

Love the tulip shot.

Joanne Noragon said...

Great pictures, as always.

Red said...

Spring is a good time for photos . the changes happen rapidly.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Never seen dandelions looking so good, AC, and what a plentiful photo subject everywhere now.😀

MARY G said...

The intentional movement is interesting, but some work better than others. If there is any chance it can look like unintentional movement, it loses effectiveness. As, I think, your first lilac shot has done. The second one, more textured, works very well for my taste and has the AC panache ... if that is the right word. Too lazy to check.
Nice of that man to wear red, yes. Sure he was not on staff?
I always find something of interest in your cameral posts and am glad to see and read them.