Sunday, May 05, 2024

The Leafing

 

When I saw this pic by Sue the other day, I appreciated the fresh beginnings of leaves on the trees. The grass is very green, but the trees have been pretty bare until now. Then, I remembered a little rural excursion from two years ago in which I found some nice scenes of the trees just leafing-out in that wonderful feathery way.

I thought that we should reprise that little rural excursion, but we had stops to make first, and we never took that trip.

One stop was at the museum garden where Sue was trying to complete her photo of the day

That light, portable and adjustable stool does come in handy from time to time.

While she did her thing, I found a few pics, including the new leaves in front of the house across the street.


We picked up coffee and a sandwich for a little lunch in the car at the park, but I will spare you the usual selfie.

There was plenty of green in the park, so we decided to walk around there, so we never got around to our rural drive. The first photo was just in front of our parked car. It was a pleasant luncheon view. Repast done, I used the stool to get close to the dandelion level and getting that wonderful tree in the background.


I turned to my right to photograph the trees on the edge of the park. Sue walked into the photo.


I ambled over to about where Sue was in that ↑ photo and took another photo looking back to that first tree. I like the composition quite a bit, but the saturation was less from that angle. However, I do like the softness.


Some trees along the riverbank were in close to full leaf. It's not what I was looking for, but I took the photo as a reference. I framed much of the scene by using the branch of the foreground tree.



However, some trees within the park were just in the right stage for me on that day. 


I am not sure if we will get on my envisioned rural excursion or if we do if the trees will be in the stage that I am looking for. In the meantime, these park photos will do just fine.


16 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the misty bright green of the early leaves. I wish they didn't fill in quite so quickly -- it's my favorite stage. You have some beauties here.

Boud said...

I love the tree with the long sweep of dandelions. Those early leaves open so fast and the spring green has gone.

Margaret said...

Love the tree shots, especially the soft one. My dogwood is finally starting to leaf out. I was beginning to think it was dead!

Marie Smith said...

That new green on the trees is one of my favourite nature scenes. A few weeks away for us yet.

RedPat said...

It is such a lovely sight to see the leaves just starting to unfurl.

MARY G said...

Saturation level or not, that is a dream of a photo. And, yes, young leaves in a whirl of greens are joyous.

The Furry Gnome said...

Like those big willow trees at the park.

Sandra said...

You do have an eye for photos. Really lovely scenes.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love how the buds pop with colour. I thought about taking a photo every day of the same spot, but I lack discipline and motivation!

Granny Sue said...

Here the trees are almost summer green. I wish they would stay at that spring green a while longer. These are really nice, capture the season well.

roentare said...

The fresh leaves really give that sense of life and rebirth

Joanne Noragon said...

Our trees are full out now, and a pleasure to look at.

Red said...

I notice that you ignore one factor in your photos. You have many dandelions but ignore them!

Anvilcloud said...

@Red. Except for the two pics where I got low to emphasize the dandelions.

Debby said...

Our trees have really popped in the last week. It is nice to be surrounded by all that green again.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

~ Robert Frost

That's what your beautiful pictures reminded me of. xoxo