Monday, May 06, 2024

Our LIttle Park

Most of my park photos come from two parks. In the previous post in which I was taking-in the greening of the trees, we were at Riverside park, near downtown. However, we are in our neighborhood even more. It has the weird name of Anthony Curron park, but nobody seems to know who dear Anthony was. With that name, is it any wonder that I choose to refer to it as the neighbourhood park or just our little park? (Note: I did look it up once, but I soon forgot.)

Anyway, the day after the the Riverside shoot of the greening of the trees in the previous post, we ambled over to our little park. Once again, I used my portable stool to get down the dandelion level. 


You can skip this part; it involves photographic trivia. 
😊

When you have objects both near and far in a photo, either the near or far object will be out of focus. The solution was to take two shots. One snap focused on the dandelions, the other on the far trees. I then let photoshop do its magic and combine them. I have done this before with a tripod to keep the two shots exactly the same, but when you shoot freehand there is some camera movement, so, I have never tried it sans tripod before. I did move the camera and, therefore, lost some pixels, but it worked alright, I guess.

There are houses that back onto the park. Some of them have pretty gardens on the park edge. It’s a delight to walk by and enjoy the results of others’ labour.


What a lovely clump of hybrid daffodils!

A bear has made its way into the park, possibly looking for picnic baskets.


There is a big boulder in the park, and one person has built a little garden around it.



After nosing around the park, we walked along the trail, but I'll put those photos in another post.




18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I enjoy your excursion photos. Watch out for the bear!

Patio Postcards said...

A very pretty walk. The Bear is our village's mascot ... during the winter people make snow bears rather than snow people (lol).

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely! Your spring has truly arrived.

Marcia said...

A nice spot to hang out.

gigi-hawaii said...

How beautiful! I wish my yard looked as pretty as that park.

MARY G said...

Nice to live someplace where there is good green space and people who appreciate and improve it.
Also appreciated is the AC lesson on double shooting to get perfect register. I have tried this multiple times with results ranging from good to awful. What did not work is a side to side plus top to bottom. Light registers differently and I have never been able to see a fix for that. Like your musical instrument photo, only on a landscape scale.
Lovely dandilions in the foreground. Soon they will have white hair and start shedding a zillion seeds. Sigh.

Sandra said...

The bear had me for a second! The flowers are so pretty. Whatever the name, the park is a beautiful place.

Margaret said...

Those are lovely daffodils! I've rarely seen those multi-petal kind. That's interesting about combining the two images so both are clear. I would like to do that sometimes whereas other times it seems cool to leave either the background or foreground fuzzy.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love your dandies!

RedPat said...

Your neighbourhood park is quite nice.

roentare said...

The small flowers are the most delicate

peppylady (Dora) said...

It a pretty park.

Cloudia said...

You should call it the AC Park!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those flowers! Incredible colors. I have never seen a hybrid daffodil. xoxo

DJan said...

So pretty!

The Furry Gnome said...

I wouldn't think you'd get bears in town.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's nice that you have a park close by to enjoy the seasons, AC. We do as well, and regrettably we have not taken advantage of walks there but this past weekend made a start and were rewarded with views of swans, cormorants and a heron. Unfortunately, none were close enough to take good images so we watched through binoculars instead.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely dandelions!