Friday, May 24, 2024

Revisiting the Lilac Fields

Four days after my early morning visit with Nick to the lilac fields of Franktown, I took Sue down for a visit. Aside from having a pleasant experience, she could use the lilacs for her photo of the day.

It was later in the day than it was was my initial visit, and I didn't have my tripod. I pretty well knew that my photos wouldn't be as good, but of course I took some shots anyway. Why wouldn't I?

The lane that we walk down.


A clump of lilacs against a blurry background.


Sue standing along a path in a field. I used an extreme crop because the sky was not looking good in the picture.


Sue's photos follow. She presented this collage as her POTD.


One of the lane.


Finally, a photo to satisfy my hubris.

'


17 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Beautiful - the lilacs this year are magnificent. I like Sue's collage.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such lovely flowers...and an abundance of scents I imagine. Good collage that Sue created. I love seeing you in the midst of the huge bushes.

Linda said...

Beautiful images. I like the first one with such limited depth of field.

Sandra said...

All of this is beautiful.

gigi-hawaii said...

I have never seen lilacs so this is a treat. Amazing photos!

PipeTobacco said...

Lilacs are so beautiful. They are my wife’s favorite flower. And their fragrance is grand.

PipeTobacco

Margaret said...

Love these photos but I wish I could smell them as well. Sue's collage is magnificent!

RedPat said...

Love the shot down the lane.

DJan said...

That's a beautiful composite Sue put together. Thanks for the wonderful flowers to enjoy on this rainy day. :-)

tz_garden said...

Wow, I can only imagine the scent! I love the pic with the path.

Marie Smith said...

Sue’s collage is creative and beautiful!

Vicki Lane said...

Oh how glorious! And the fragrance must be amazing.

MARY G said...

Worth two visits. And I approve of skyless crops. The one you show has worked beautifully.
And shows your beautiful wife as well.

Debby said...

I love that lilac lined path. What a wonderful walk that would be! I am envious.

Blondi Blathers said...

What wouldn't I give to walk through a lane of lilacs like that. Lucky you!
We have the kind of lilacs that are lighter in colour and less scented. Lots of them, but overgrown and disappointing. Better is what I call the one Korean lilac by the back step that is so overpoweringly sweet-scented it almost knocks you over as you go through the door.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your lilac fields look very much like the lilac lane we visited.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh I love lilacs! Here we have wisteria, which I guess is more or less the same thing. xoxo