Saturday, July 01, 2023

Shirts and Lights

Just for fun, this is me, myself and I getting ready for bed last night. Having gone through four tops on the previous night, I wanted my alternates close at hand if I needed to change during the night. Some nights, I spend too much time stumbling around sleepy-eyed in the dark, looking for garments. So, last night, I was ready.

As it eventuated, I only had to change into the yellow one, sometime around two o'clock, after soaking through the shirt that I went to bed in. I really should have changed one more time, but I was damp more than soaked, so I toughed it out.


========================

Should the fireworks go off tonight, I have pretty well committed myself to shooting from our bedroom. Aside from possible rain, I don't feel quite up to hauling equipment around and standing for a long time waiting for dark to fall and the show to begin.

It would have been best, photographically, to return to the trail bridge and capture the fireworks toward town hall in order to capture the new bridge lights as well (see below), but I don't think it is the right thing for me to do this time around.

========================

We have a new main bridge, the one by town hall, and incorporated into the new structure are lights that can be adjusted for the occasion. For Canada Day, they are our flag colours, red and white.

Sue and I went over there last evening to take some photos. I'll show you one photo now, but I want to come back to it again later and show you more — ones that include town hall, for one thing.


Some lucky somebody will get photos with all of town hall, the bridge lights, and the fireworks in their pictures, but I am sorry to say that it won't be me.


16 comments:

William Kendall said...

A beautiful illumination.

DJan said...

I look forward to your attempts to capture the fireworks. I'll be back. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

WHatever you photograph is usually very nicely done. So just relax and enjoy the holiday. What do Canadians eat on their celebratory day? Here we are having hot dogs for the Fourth.

Granny Sue said...

Wise decision to take it easier this year. That bridge is fabulous.

Barwitzki said...

Have fun trying to catch the most beautiful photo of the fireworks :-))) I'm curious.
Beautiful light play of the bridge.
I wish you a wonderful Canada Day.
hug

Marie Smith said...

Love what they did with those lights. Great photo!

Boud said...

Happy Canada Day!

Margaret said...

Happy Canada Day! Love that reflection in the water. A one shirt night isn't too bad.

RedPat said...

What a fine shot of the bridge!

Marcia said...

Wow. Someone was a forward thinker to incorporate lights. Was there a rainbow for Pride month?

roentare said...

The bridge reflection is beautiful!

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat bridge!

Vicki Lane said...

Wow! That bridge is stunning,

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hope you slept well.

Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Patio Postcards said...

I like that they light up the bridge like that - what a cool idea.

Jeanie said...

Since I'm reading backwards, I know you got some good pix of the town hall! That bridge is great. And well done on the shirts!