Friday, July 07, 2023

More Visits to the Bridge

I know that I am beating the bridge lights like a rented mule, but I am committed. 😊

I mentioned previously that we would also like to get to the the southeast corner right by town hall. It was tight shooting, but I was able to include a bit of the building. I do like the lingering glow from the already set sun.

The whole setup is new, so I wasn't sure why the lighting looks so patchy, but I have since learned that the town is well aware of this and are looking to remedy this in future,

Sue had been sidetracked by a friendly stranger on the previous night, so she didn't get to the opposite, northeast side. Also, you may also recall that I had been hoping to get a slightly wider photo with a little more breathing space between town hall and the edge of the frame. Mission accomplished with my wide angle lens. Just a little more space makes a difference — to me, at least.


The next night, the third night, I drove to another spot – the trail bridge – for a different view. Opposite from the previous night, I needed a telephoto lens and not a wide angle. From that distance, I couldn't see a reflections, but the image adds to the collection. It seems that I am really stuck on this project.

That's all that I have to share; however, I will mention that I went out for the fourth time on the next night, but the display was no longer active. As I have noted above, the town wasn't extremely happy with the lighting and so they might have pulled it prematurely. Otherwise, I would think that they would have displayed it for at least a week.

So, that is how my project ends for this year with photos from various locations under various conditions. Not all the images are equal, with my fave photos being the second because town hall turned out well with good lighting. The reflections were good too.

Now let's get the lighting fixed up properly for next time.

17 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have enjoyed seeing your various takes on this bridge, AC, and agree with your choice of #2 as a favorite, although #3 is also good. What is even better is that you were feeling better and able to resume your photo excursions.

Patio Postcards said...

I really like the lit up bridge. I'm going to make that suggestion to our township to do for next July 1st. I cannot pick a favourite of the bridge, they are all good.

Ed said...

Your favorite is mine as well. I live in a river town with a half dozen bridges and the most photographed of them all is the one that has lights applied to it that can change color as programmed.

DJan said...

You are certainly persistent, and the pictures are very worthwhile, too. Thanks for sharing.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is interesting seeing your process!

Barbara Rogers said...

I loved the first shot with the fading sunset, but then the second did seem a complete rendition of the scene, so that's my vote.

Vicki Lane said...

Particularly nice with the bridge's reflection.

gigi-hawaii said...

I really like the last pic, as the image of the waves is very appealing.

RedPat said...

I like the 2nd one best too.

Marie Smith said...

The second is my favourite too. Great job!

Granny Sue said...

Yes, the second definitely!

Red said...

Getting out is part of the fun. Experimenting with different locations and lens helps learn a few things.

MARY G said...

I like the first wide angle the best, but the whole collection is up,to,your exacting standard, for my taste., and fun to view.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Margaret said...

I like the second too--and it's excellent to have a photography project. You've missed being out and about!

Liz Hinds said...

Nutcrackers!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'm late to the party but these shots are breathtaking. xoxo