Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Fourth Fireworks from Canada

On a day when I was going to post more of our fireworks from the 1st, I find myself switching to daughter's fireworks photos of the 4th — last night.

You may recall that she and the kids are visiting in Southwestern Ontario, just a little south of Sarnia. Well, last night they set up on the Canadian side of the St Clair River to watch the Fourth fireworks from St Clair, Michigan.

What a view they would have, and the wait was uncrowded and pleasant.



This morning, I saw that she had posted actual fireworks photos in our local FB photo group. What a show! It certainly outdoes ours. And what captures from the phone. Incredible, really.




There were more, but I'll stop here.

Now I don't know what to do with my photos. Shall I post them anyway? I am not sure because our show and my vantage point do not come close to that one.


15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Phones sure do take great photos these days!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You may have been outdone this year, AC, as Sha did have a great location and captured some great shots with the cell phone.

MARY G said...

Wow! But I want yours also. Love fireworks records.

Marcia said...

Our fireworks postponed until tonight. Good decision because big storm hit here at 8 pm when fireworks would have been set up.

Boud said...

Great pictures! Thanks for showing us.

Jenn Jilks said...

Fun times for the kids!

gigi-hawaii said...

Really beautiful shots!

Granny Sue said...

Why not post yours? I would like to see them. Your daughter's were amazing. What a show!

Margaret said...

Those are incredible photos! With a phone, especially. I do a poor job of taking fireworks pictures, always a little bit too late.

Jeanie said...

You had a perfect night for it!

PipeTobacco said...

We spent the second day of our honeymoon in Sarnia, before getting on the Canadian rail (VIA) to travel to our destination of Montreal….. many moons ago.

PipeTobacco

Red said...

Great site for photos. I hope nobody else finds it.

roentare said...

Thank you for a wonderful sunset and fireworks at night

The Furry Gnome said...

Spectacular captures! But please post yours too, Meaford didn't have any!

William Kendall said...

Impressive!