Monday, July 10, 2023

The First Daylily

Last week, I showed a photo of the first of this years showing of the common, orange daylilies out back. Well, the first cultivar daylily has bloomed out front, so here it is.



The photos aren't perfect but they are sort of the way that I want, with the flower pretty well in focus, and the rest of the photo blurry. It did work a little better in the first photo than the second.

I don't do much flower photography, but at least I didn't have to go far to get these.

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

There certainly are photo-worthy blooms this time of year!

DJan said...

They both work, to my eyes at least.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay, you are now in the summertime with all the rest of us. She's a beauty!

gigi-hawaii said...

This is really pretty. I like the color.

Muhammad Teddy Wijaya said...

Beautiful flowers, the photos you take are at the right angle and comfortable to look at.

I just visited your blog for the first time. Greetings, from Indonesian Blogger 👍😁🇲🇨

Marcia said...

It is day lily time here too.

RedPat said...

It is such a beautiful colour.

Vicki Lane said...

Quite a beauty!

MARY G said...

Nice colour, and nice vertical, the second shot. :-D

Catalyst said...

I think both photos are spot on.

roentare said...

Indeed a gorgeous bloom!

Margaret said...

I love the color! I take too many pictures of flowers and trees. Of my cat too!

Jeanie said...

It's a beauty!

Patio Postcards said...

A very pretty daylily. My collection of daylilies is just beginning to bloom so I'll be posting next week some of my beauties. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

These are lovely.
I spent an hour transplanting day lilies yesterday. Then the OPP copper phoned, I ran in the house to put on my bra and a better outfit. sigh.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful close ups!