Thursday, July 13, 2023

Daddy Plays Ball

Sue had a need for sports photos for her ongoing photographic daily picture project. It happened that the kids' dad was plying ball that night. It was a type of Slo Pitch, and Eric was his team's pitcher. The pitcher throws the ball in a big arc; if it were to hit a big board (much bigger than the traditional home plate) it would be a strike.


He hit the ball and headed to first base.


Eric, subsequently, reached second base and then headed to third. He went on to score.

It was a fun, little outing. Eric did very well for a 50-year-old; Sue got her needed pictures; and, Johnny Boy got some blog fodder.

=======================

Oops, Sue got some photos too. She uses her fancy collage app well. Does anybody recognize the geezer in the last photo?






20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great shots! Love the collage!

Boud said...

Action shots! I love how sue coopts the family as models.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Great shots and it looks like fun, but so glad it is them and not me! I could not run to save my own life if I had to.

Granny Sue said...

These are great. The red jerseys really add pop to the scenes. Kudos to Eric!

Barbara Rogers said...

That's me, taking the pictures while others provide the action. Your cat shirt is great. Loved all these sequential shots.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Blog fodder is where it's at! Happy Thursday. xoxo

Margaret said...

A great excuse to get out and watch some slowpitch/slo pitch. It looks like such fun! Love your shirt!

William Kendall said...

Good action shots.

RedPat said...

Nice action shots. A bit slower than your hockey pics.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a fun time for all. I've heard it's hard to hit a slow-pitch soft ball because it's coming down at a steep angle.

DB Stewart said...

Your shirt may say "grumpy" but IMO your hat says "cool grandpa."

roentare said...

It is such a fun sports to photograph. Pity baseball is not popular in OZ

Red said...

The assignments certainly give the photographer a challenge.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sports action shots can be challenging you'll know, AC, from your hockey game shooting. Sue did a great job and collages are a nice touch. I did recognize that fellow in the final photo too!

The Furry Gnome said...

No, who is that?

Catalyst said...

Very nice photos! And I'm fairly new here but I blew up the picture and the bearded mystery man seems to resemble George Clooney. Do I win?

Vicki Lane said...

Well done, all round!

MARY G said...

Impressive. And the last shot gave me a chuckle. Mostly for your expression. WHAT were you thinking?

Catalyst said...

I don't think anyone would get into an argument with that umpire!

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, I recognize him! I used to love playing ball!