Thursday, July 06, 2023

Playing with Fireworks

I should hesitate to show our fireworks after the fireworks from Michigan that I posted yesterday. Our town's space for both setting up and displaying the fireworks is much more limited. Besides that, there is the reality that Americans tend to do things in grand and glorious ways. Sha reported that they set off the fireworks from two barges.

Nevertheless, I will show you a few more of mine from Canada Day in passing. One reason that I want to do this, is that I did just a little bit of editing. From my vantage, many of the displays that I saw, from where I saw them, were a little small, so I enlarged the following ones in post. I wanted to see if I could do it and how they would turn out. I think the process worked well enough and that you couldn't tell what I did if you didn't know.





That will be all for another year, unless I attend the Township fireworks on New Year's Eve. And that is rather doubtful.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful! I heard them go off here.

Patio Postcards said...

Your editing of your firework photos really make them pop, sizzle & sparkle. :)

MARY G said...

The edit worked well, I think. The range of possibilities that come with digital photography is huge ... and a lot of fun.

Barbara Rogers said...

More light on the building please...I can't really tell what it is now that it's cut off. But I do like the bigger burst of the fireworks!

Anvilcloud said...

@Barbara. It kind of is what it is. I would like more.light there, but it is what it is, and the fireworks are right, which is the subject. I could just just the fireworks themselves, like many do, but I prefer to try to show some context. But yeah, I am trying to think of ways to get it better in future.

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! The Michigan photos are certainly lovely but yours are impressive in their own way too! I have never managed to get a good photo of fireworks!

Granny Sue said...

That second one is my favorite. Eye-popping!

Vicki Lane said...

You did a good job!

Jeanie said...

Your photos are so crisp. Just terrific.

Margaret said...

I would never have known. Although I love the look of them, the loudness and smell get to me. I guess I'm turning into a curmudgeon. Can a woman be a curmudgeon? Hmmm.

Celia said...

Really great photos. I stayed in for the 4th. Past my bedtime. hahaha

PipeTobacco said...

I like that you have very long streams of light with very dark backgrounds. When I used to try to capture fireworks images, I would either get pinpoints of light or when I would caputre streams of light, the background would be discolored and show a lot of smoky haze.

PipeTobacco

Red said...

Great shots. You took what I like.

Marie Smith said...

Fireworks are a nice break from the regular photography we do. I guess if it was common, we wouldn’t bother with it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great photos if you ask me!

Joanne Noragon said...

These are well done.