Saturday, July 08, 2023

Caturday 50: Squeaky Sabine

With daughter and grands being away, we were conscripted to drop in to spend some time with Sabine, their little kitty.

She is a relatively new addition and is also a runt. It would be hard to tell that in photos of just her, but I am not sure that she is even half the size of Lacey.


I can confirm that whatever her size, she loves her pets. Oddly enough, she does not, at this point, do laps.


Sabine is a 2.5-year-old recue who was a found as a stray in a nearby town. She was pregnant when she was brought into the shelter where she birthed 3 kittens: with 2 surviving..

Back in January, Sha and the kids visited the shelter, specifically to get to know another cat, but they fell for Sabine who had been at the shelter the longest —  for about a year.

In her furever home, a favourite activity is to sit by the patio doors, hoping that the local chipmunk will chance by.


When that doesn't happen, she settles for being very cute.


When we visit, she squeaks at us. I have tried to capture it here ↓ on video, but these seem to be a little lower pitched and throatier than what she often meows. Hopefully, you get the idea.


Despite being a firm advocate of not shooting video in vertical mode, I couldn't help it here in close quarters and dealing with a frequently moving subject. I guess it's a case of, "Do what I say and not what I do." 

22 comments:

Boud said...

She's lovely! And it was good to hear the Voice of AC there.

Marie Smith said...

What a beautiful cat. So glad she has a forever home.

William Kendall said...

Such a sweetheart.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, now she's been immortalized on digital storage, as well as your voice. I often wonder how Canadian you might sound (I don't stay up nights wondering however.) I'd give you a definite Canadian form of English! Squeek is so cute!

PipeTobacco said...

Sabine is extremely cute and sweet!!!

I also very muck like the name, “Sabine”… it is new to me, but adorable.

PipeTobacco

Damselfly said...

Sabine is adorable!
Enjoyed hearing your voice as well as Sabine's squeak.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Marcia said...

Definitely a squeak not a meow. She is a cute one.

NGS said...

Pretty girl! I love how each cat has her own personality!

RedPat said...

She is a cutie.

Patio Postcards said...

Sabine is such a pretty kitty. I am sure she is SO thankful to be out of the rescue environment. Yeah to Sha & the grandkids for seeing her as the treasure she is.

Margaret said...

Beautifully colored cat and friendly too!

roentare said...

She looks gorgeous!

DJan said...

I'm so glad she has a furever home, and can distribute her sweet squeaks however she wants! Love the kitty.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing the photos and video of the newest family member, Sabine, and glad her new family went the rescue route and apparently she has a great new home.

Joanne Noragon said...

She's a lovely cat! My cat won't "lap" yet, either.

Jeanie said...

You can tell in that photo with you. She's such a pretty little thing! And it looks like she has found a good home.

DrumMajor said...

So glad they rescued a cat. She's cute and the squeak is funny. Maybe in her previous life she swallowed the squeaker out of one of those plastic toys. Or some fight took away a vocal cord. Ask her what happened, and to speak in Meow-eeze. Linda in Kansas

Liz Hinds said...

She looks very sweet. My son's cat insists on trying to get on Husband who really doesn't like cats!

Muhammad Teddy Wijaya said...

The cat is very cute, my mother and I are also fans of this adorable creature.

But mostly it's not because we're the adoptees, but village cats who come when they're babies.

Thanks for sharing.

MARY G said...

She's a sweetie for sure. And, yes, there are lots of good uses for verticals - we need to have this discussion, for sure.

MARY G said...

She's a sweetie for sure. And, yes, there are lots of good uses for verticals - we need to have this discussion, for sure.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well Sabine is precious and I would welcome her on my lap. My tuxie, Sweetness, does laps so well that when she is so inclined, I have no lap at all because she becomes my lap. Then she demands scritches and pets and if I do not comply, does her version of squeak. Which sounds like cak-cak. xoxo