Saturday, July 15, 2023

Evening at the Park

Another evening (after the baseball outing) found us in the park by the river, still looking for sports and action photos.

Evening was getting on, but a lone kayaker paddled by. I actually envisioned this panoramic crop before clicking. I wish I had been able to get more of the wake, but I came close to getting the photo that I had wanted.

A little later, a dragon boat went by. It was farther across the river and my shutter speed was slower, so the people are a bit fuzzy if you zoom in. So don't zoom in. :)

We were hearing bagpipe music playing in the distance, so we went to another spot in the park in search of the music. The piper was found . . .


. . . and heard.








18 comments:

Ed said...

No kids around so evidently he wasn't the Pied Piper.

DJan said...

Lovely shots and I love the dragon boat especially.

William Kendall said...

The last time I heard the pipes was Canada Day.

MARY G said...

Wondering if the piper has neighbours who hate him. I covet your river.

Marcia said...

Ouch. Yes, bagpiper heard!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful river shots! Piper doing his thing...not associated with anyone who's listening - unless the fisherman is using the sound to attract fish.

Jenny the Pirate said...

"So don't zoom in" reminded me of what I always say here in the South, in the summer: "It's a hundred degrees in the shade so whatever you do, don't stand in the shade." At any rate I love the colors of the rowers reflected in the water. Idyllic. xoxo

RedPat said...

Love the river shots.

Red said...

People in your town are fairly active in the evening.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love that, 'don't zoom in!'
That's a familiar story for many of my photos!

Catalyst said...

That guy down by the river seemed to be about to yell at that piper: "Hey I'm tryin' to fish here! Pipe down, willya?"

peppylady (Dora) said...

Might sound strange. I like the sound of bag pipes.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

roentare said...

You got your mojo. Love the reflections of rowers and the pipe player.

Margaret said...

Love the boats on the river, especially the first one. Of course I had to zoom in though :) I enjoy bagpipes if well-played but prefer the piper to be wearing a kilt.

Margaret said...

P.S. Mari was sitting on the arm of the recliner as I played the video. She evidently doesn't like the bagpipes. :)

Marie Smith said...

Great shots of the boats. The Scottish part of me likes the bagpipes too.

Joanne Noragon said...

Great shots, all.

Granny Sue said...

Love bagpipes myself, but o know many who cover their ears at the sound. Love the kayak photo, and the dragonboat.