Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A New Decoration

I don't have much today, which is probably a big relief to you. However, I do have this photo.

It's a new decoration to us but is really a hand-me-up from Shaunna. One has to change some Christmas decorations every now and then if every year is not going to look the same. She's changed hers a bit, so that has enabled us do the same. In turn, we can now pass some decorations along to others. I am not sure when we actually last purchased new ornaments. A few years ago we scored from a friend of Sha's who was clearing out her office. Now we have some of Sha's ornaments.

I should have put some other decorations with it for the photo, but I didn't. I may still do that, but I am still not totally adept with our little studio setup down in the basement because I haven't used it much. It is more or less Sue's baby.


Addendum: Now Sue tells me that you can plug this thing in and it lights up.





14 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Nice ornament. I'm going to make a stress reduction kit for Mr Man.

Marie Smith said...

The stress reduction kit is already in use here.

Marcia said...

When you say ornament I think of something hanging on the tree. This looks too large for that. How big is it?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Tis certainly the season for use of a stress reduction kit for sure. The ornament is lovely and nicely shown off, AC. We have cut down on buying new ones and truth be told need to par down ones in our collection, something we hardly seem to do each tree trimming time.

Barbara Rogers said...

I was given "stress water" free yesterday. I locked my keys, purse and everything in the car. Friendly patrons at my local laundromat helped me phone the police in our town, who will come open a car without all the wait for the insurance people. I couldn't contact the insurance people anyway because the card was in my wallet inside the car! And the two women offered me anything to drink. When it was over, the two women from the laundry clapped from their doorway! I offered to pay for the water, and they told me it was "stress water."

Boud said...

Stress reduction. 1. Bang head. 2. Breathe. Repeat as necessary. Nice ornament.

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks like a very nicely decorated gift. I can do without banging my head. Save whatever brains I have left.

Margaret said...

Now that I have a very small tree (if I put one up at all), I have many ornaments that I don't use. Especially the breakable ones that the cat could destroy. However, most of my ornaments have special meaning so I'm not ready to get rid of them yet. Love the present! And it lights up too, wow!!

RedPat said...

Most of my decorations are family things with meaning so I enjoy seeing them on the tree.
Like your shot.

William Kendall said...

Stress reduction comes in handy right about now.

Joanne Noragon said...

Good hand me up.

Debby said...

Stress reduction for you would be to take more pictures!

Okay. While it might not do anything for you, it makes ME feel quite relaxed.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are funny!

Jeanie said...

I like your new decoration -- and that's a great idea!