Sunday, November 13, 2022

Looking for Frost — Mostly Unsuccessfully

Although we have had some extremely mild weather lately, there was frost one morning last week. Hoping to get some fine frosty pics, I drove up to the park. Either the frost hadn't settled much or I waited a little too long, and Ole Sol had melted most of it.

Since I was looking for closeups of leaves and branches and so on, I just took my macro lens.

The first photo was of a tamarack branch with the blue water of the pond behind. While there was no frost, I do like the complementary colours.


There was another tamarack on the other side of the pond, so I used my macro lens for a photo not normally intended for a macro lens. It worked out well enough, I suppose.


There is a touch of frost on the edge of these leaves. Although I don't like the focus, I do like the colour in the backlight.


This ↓ leaf was in front light and not backlight, but I like the shape and colour. There was a smidgen of frost, but it doesn't really show up in the photo.


If I try for frost again, I must remember to get out a little earlier.


14 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful tamarack.

RedPat said...

Love the reflection shot of the Tamarack.

Marie Smith said...

The tamarack is so beautiful and the last of the colour for the year!

Red said...

don't wish too hard for frost. When it comes it might freeze your butt off. I know you're trying to get out before it'd too cold.

Vicki Lane said...

These are lovely--the reflection shot is enviable

Marcia said...

We have snow in the forecast for this week. You too?

Joanne Noragon said...

We have snow on the ground!

Celia said...

Great colors. We have frost here, be careful what you wish for hahaha.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh wow to that photo of the tamarack & water - definitely a winner for the calendar.

Jeanie said...

I love the frost you found, even if not much! (We're due for snow tonight!)

Jenn Jilks said...

Today would have been a good day. It was -7 C. this morning.

Margaret said...

Love that reflection photo. It was frosty here today (below freezing) but I had no time to snap any pictures. :(

MARY G said...

The tamarack shot is classic. And now we have enough snow that you can do snow-laden sumac. Yeah, the colour in the back lit shot is amazing.

Kay said...

I really like the autumn leaf with the frost and back lighting. Gorgeous!