Monday, November 14, 2022

My Shoes of Many Colours

As a guy, I have to confess that I don't get the female fascination with shoes. Perhaps it is because I seldom gaze longingly upon a woman's foot. This is also true about women's nails, but this isn't about that.

I get it a little bit more now because I was quite chuffed to score this pair ↓ more than two years ago. You probably won't recall this, but Sue also bought me a hat with orange, and I subsequently picked up a Tee or two. And yeah, I found myself liking to wear those outfits.

These ↓ are the shoes: certainly less than pristine after wearing them quite a lit.

They are from Merrell, a company that specializes more in walking shoes and boots rather than athletic footwear. In reality, for me at least, I suppose they are more or less casual shoes to wear around and about.

Due to my compromised right foot, I do wear that heel down, so I began to keep an eye on Merrell emails. One day I spotted these  ↓ at half price.


I am somewhat surprised that people comment on this newer pair more than the old because if push came to shove, I would probably prefer the straight orange pair. It's not that I don't like the newer ones because I certainly do.

One day last week, I found myself at the hospital for a procedure. Three different people commented on the shoes, including the surgeon. That simply never happened with the orange pair as much as I was personally dazzled by them.

Because the new ones are, apparently, so doggone wonderful. I will treat you to another viewing.




20 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I must check these shoes out ... Mr Man's #1 complaint about why he won't go for walks with me, is he hasn't got an comfortable shoes. I do like your new pair, I think of them as the "Joseph of many colours" shoes.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Pretty snazzy sneakers so no wonder you have received so many comments, AC.

Marie Smith said...

You sneakers of many colours are eye catching!

DJan said...

They are adorable. I can see why people commented on them. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

I would say Canadians think multi-colored shoes are a bit "way out there." Just a guess. And here you thought you were just walking around in comfort! Welcome to the wild side!

NGS said...

They are both amazing shoes and I would have complimented you if I'd seen either pair!

Boud said...

Fun shoes! As the female owner of only a couple of pairs of shoes, black, not being interested, I agree that I don't get the fascination of some women with shoes.

Marcia said...

Like Joseph's coat of many colors you have the shoe variety.

gigi-hawaii said...

I prefer the old orange shoes. But, hey, as long as the shoes are comfortable, that's what counts.

RedPat said...

I lie them both but the news ones the best.

William Kendall said...

I have all of four sets of footwear: cowboy boots I never wear, one pair of everyday shoes, one pair of hiking shoes, and winter boots.

Joanne Noragon said...

I had a pair very similar, from New Balance. They were close to $200; they were made in USA and celebrated their birthday. Never had them since. I wore out the first pair.

DrumMajor said...

Yep, those ARE colorful shoes...very practical: "can wear them with any color of clothes." You must get to tapping your toes with Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors" song. Linda in Kansas

Haddock said...

The white lace on the orange makes the difference.

Jeanie said...

I wonder if they make these for women. I love the bright colors and I would wear them every day!

Jenn Jilks said...

They truly are wonderful!

Margaret said...

They are very colorful! My Keens are boring.

roentare said...

The shoes are colourful but a little worn out lol

MARY G said...

Handsome. Well worth a comment. Shoe envy here.

Kay said...

I've always liked Merrell shoes. And I do like the blue/orange one best too. :-)