Thursday, December 01, 2022

Take Two

Yesterday's image.

Once I realized that I could turn on the box's lights, I figured that I probably should go ahead and do that little thing. I added wine glasses as well. This was Sue's idea. I do riff on some of her ideas because she is more creative than I. She also knows what objects are in this house whereas I have no clue, so if I see an appealing idea, I am tempted to 'go me and do likewise.'

Due to the extreme contrast in lighting lighting, this was a very difficult shot. I had to do an HDR, which means that I took three photos ranging from dark, to keep the bright lights under control, to bright, to lift the dimly lit wine glasses.

I am thinking of sticking a Merry Christmas on it and using it for a Christmas card. So you may see it again in due course.

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Light makes such a difference! Great shots!

Marcia said...

Now I know it's not something to hang on the tree. The scale is clear.

Barbara Rogers said...

Same as Marcia...had no clue as to it's size before. Wow you did have some major adjustments to make for that! And it came out pretty darn nice! (Understatement.)

William Kendall said...

Excellent composition.

Boud said...

That's a nice setup for a greeting, yes.

NGS said...

It's beautiful! I love how much credit you give to Sue for her ideas and inspiration - it speaks volumes about your relationship.

Margaret said...

Love that second shot--very atmospheric. And festive!

RedPat said...

It looks great!

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done!

Jeanie said...

That's even prettier. And it would make a GREAT Christmas card.

Vicki Lane said...

Very nice!

Kay said...

I like BOTH for different reasons, but they are absolutely stunning photos.