Friday, November 25, 2022

Odd Friday Post

Lena's lights (the blue lights in the big tree) just came on last evening. Lena left this life almost three years ago, but her neighbour still lights the tree. I whipped out my phone and took a short video that included houses on either side. Those houses have been lit for a few days now, but I waited for Lena's lights before I took pictures or video. It done ad hoc, sans quick without planning. (Do you see how I worked both Latin and French into the sentence? This was also done ad hoc and sans planning.😸 )


The video needs musical accompaniment, but I don't feel like investing the effort. I just wanted to show you how the season is beginning to transpire hereabouts. Townies often time their lighting for the town's Christmas parade, which will take place tomorrow evening.

Meanwhile this morning, after le chat thoughtfully once again helped me to arise before 5, on a whim, I began to re-edit some photos that you would have seen before. This first one was a very mild alteration; it just involved a very slight brightening as well as adding just a we bit space to the left of the flower, which was too close to the edge.


Next, I decided to edit a photo of the canoe club that I took in the almost pre-dawn back in August. I was looking for a photo with a fence for my daily post for the Happy Fence Friday meme on Flickr, and there are fences (railings) on the upper level of the clubhouse, but I didn't like the orange lighting, so I turned it into a contrasty b&w photo.


Those two ↑ were somewhat serious edits before I parked my brain. Then I decided to play with the armchair amidst the sunflower photo that I once posted here. I edited the chair to be b&w amongst the sunflowers, but it was all very silly. If I weren't sleep-deprived, I likely wouldn't have done this, and if I were in my right mind, I certainly wouldn't share it. But I am sleep-deprived, and I am, quite obviously, not in my right mind.


Enjoy your Black Friday, folks. Me? I think I need more sleep.


16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I was amazed last evening to see how many homes are already lit for Christmas here too. We. Do ours the week before Christmas!

I hope you can get a nap today, AC.

Boud said...

In my neighborhood the lights are put on for Diwali and left up for Christmas. So we've been lit, so to speak, for weeks!

Barbara Rogers said...

Gracious! You have moved into zombie land I think, with that easy chair and sunflowers. Or at least a bit punk. If those offend, I don't mean to do so, just that it's really a good juxtaposition of themes. Hope sleep comes knocking sometime later today.

Tabor said...

I like the eeriness of the chair in the sunflower field. Was it a real chair there or did you photoshop it in? I love working with photos as the weather gets cooler an I must stay indoors.

gigi-hawaii said...

I like the lights. Wonder about their electric bill.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I notice some people in my community has there yard all decked out.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Debby said...

I saw my first house with a lit tree in the window. Tis their season, I guess, although my season hasn't quite gotten here yet. I do have to say that gifts for 4 people arrived today and we ordered one more.

Margaret said...

You are in a TRES FRANCAIS mood today, n'est-ce pas? I'm seeing many decorations and trees up but will wait another week or so...if I decorate at all. Excellent b&w version.

RedPat said...

Love that shot of the flower.
All I have done is bring out the snowman but will get onto more decorations next week.

Anvilcloud said...

@Tabor. That was a real chair in a real odd place. I posted it back when we visited the sunflower field, but I turned it to bw etc today.

MARY G said...

No, chair and sunflowers does (do?) not please me a lot, but the boathouse shot is spectacular.
And, yes, your early morning erudition was noted. It is a great pity that cats are incorrigible.

Joanne Noragon said...

That cat must have been a time and motion cat in a former life.

DrumMajor said...

That is SOOOOO cool to keep lighting the big tree's blue lights, long after the owner has left this Earth. That is the best and biggest honor for someone's spirit, to show how just one tradition was so important to the neighborhood. That story should be on the national news for one of those "good news" episodes. As a former hospice nurse, that gave me goosebumps! Linda in Kansas

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the blue lights. What a lovely thing to do!

Kay said...

I see only one house with holiday lights on in our neighborhood. We don't get a lot of lighting up for the holidays in my neighborhood. We have to drive out to other towns to see all the Christmas decorations. I'm sure Lena is smiling.

William Kendall said...

Pretty lights.