Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Game 4

Yeah, I know, but seeing photos is really fast, eh?

I did something very different this time, just out of interest. I took my wide angle 15-30 lens instead of my telephoto 70-200 lens. This got me close behind the goal for some different photos.

The puck is entering the net and the referee off to the right is pointing, thus signalling a goal.

The shot ↓ and the celebration, the referee is again signalling goal in the second photo, but off to the left this time.


Moments later, the same player who scored the goal, above, appears to be having a fencing duel with an opponent while the puck rolls around below them. They probably both swiped at the puck and missed, and the raised sticks were from their follow-through rather than the clash it seems to be.

Finally, a photo of our goalie ready to make a save, but he wasn't overworked as our lads dominated the game. Still, the score was a respectable 3-1.

That is the quick take of game 4. Beware! There's another game coming up soon. Aren't you glad that I don't go to the away games?


14 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Those are great action photos. I think the team needs to make you their "at home" official photographer.

Marie Smith said...

Great shots as usual, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great shots of fast action...I imagine you're taking a series in bursts in order to get just the right one whenever the puck goes in. Or perhaps your reaction time is that fast that you don't need to.

Anvilcloud said...

@Barbara. Yes, to some extent with most action images, but with these particularly.

William Kendall said...

They play better than I ever could, but then I can't skate.

DrumMajor said...

Cool shots. Love the one with the puck on it's edge. Linda in Kansas

RedPat said...

Hockey in a small arena - priceless.

Margaret said...

Such incredible shots! John and I watched a youtube program about the evolution of filming sports (video mostly) and they talked about one of their failures which was a flash of color to follow the puck. I need that! But apparently people hated it, so they got rid of it.

DJan said...

Fun photos! You did a great job capturing the excitement of the game.

roentare said...

Fabulous action shots there. The force and the impact.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was a good choice. I like those.

MARY G said...

Those are interesting - story telling shots for sure.

Tabor said...

Do you take photos on sports mode or a manual setting that is your favorite.

Anvilcloud said...

@Tabor. My hockey is indoors, and I am shooting through glass. I set the camera to manual 1/400 or 1/500, f4, ISO 3200. I am thinking of going back to f2.8 because if I get the background crowd in the photo, it is a little clearer that I would like, but then some of the players won't be as sharp. It's all a matter of give and take. Mostly I am on auto focus and mostly set to the centre.