Thursday, November 17, 2022

Done for Now

I told you, yesterday, that might have sold my last print because I probably am not going to be displaying them any more.

I used to hang a half dozen prints of more at a local café, but it went out of business during the COVID shutdown. Up until two weeks ago, I still had six prints hanging at Sue's hairdresser's. However, I hadn't upgraded the display for some time, in large part because my printer no longer functions properly, and printers of the kind that I need have been difficult to find and purchase for some time.

When Sue had a hair appointment two weeks ago, I asked her to talk it over with the proprietor. He could do what he wanted with them. I thought he might raffle them and give the money to charity, but that it was up to him. He and Sue decided that the prints should be passed along to the Women's Interval Home to be used in their impending fundraiser. 

It seemed like a fine solution to me.

While I have lost track of exactly what was on display there at the time, I know that know that some of these were hung there, and they have all been displayed at one time or another.







So endeth the chapter but not necessarily the book.

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

These are beautiful, AC. Worthy of reproduction for sure!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your decision on what to do with these prints is a generous one and others will benefit, AC. The autumn scenes were particularly striking, as always.

Patio Postcards said...

Beautiful photos. I hope that the charity will benefit (financially) from your generosity. The next chapter is probably going to have lots of adventures in it!!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great photos all...so glad you printed them...and now have decided to let them go to a worthy cause.

MARY G said...

Lovely. I hope the money rolls in. It ought to.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I hope the group does well with there fund raiser.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Red said...

Spectacular prints.

RedPat said...

These are fabulous and what a nice thing to do with them.

Marcia said...

I imagine you'll hear how the sale of them went then. All very nice photos to hang on one's wall.

Margaret said...

WOW! The snow on the brightly colored trees and the colorful path through the woods are my absolute favorites. Stunning!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice pix for sure!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a thoughtful thing to do!

Vicki Lane said...

All beautiful!

Jeanie said...

Your snow is looking great. Very magical. I love the one with the leaves still on the trees. I saw a bit of that here, but your setting is much prettier than someone's front yard!

Kay said...

These are really gorgeous, but the autumn road really calls to me.