Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Hockey Post 6: Two Tournament Games

On this past busy weekend I attended only half  of Jonathan's 5 hockey games, but I only had the camera out for 1.5 of the games. As I stated yesterday, that final game was so intense and entertaining that I was happy to watch from the stands and, therefore, see a lot more of it.

Of course, I am about to show you some photos, but do relax because there won't be another game for more than two weeks — not a home game anyway.

Game 1

This is the only game the boys didn't win, but it was a draw. They were up by two goals with two minutes left, but then they gave up two goals — the last with just 15 seconds left in the game. It was disturbing to the photographer as well, for I had set myself up at the bench to take a photo of the boys erupting into a cheer. Obviously, that cheer did not eventuate.

We are in blue, and Jonathan trying to get the puck to safety.

Our goalie had a lot of work. The last of the three photos resulted in a goal.




Game 2

We are wearing white, and this was the easiest game of the three that I saw, but I don't wish to slight the other team, for it was still competitive.




And that will be a wrap for a few weeks unless I get to an away game. Even then, I would most likely just sit in the stands like a regular bloke.


14 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done. You are a good Grampa!

Marie Smith said...

Great action shots, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Battling with sticks for a puck, while your feet are sliding around on skates, seems like a given opportunity for humor. But they manage to be pretty darn serious about it!

DJan said...

Great shots, AC. You are quite talented!

Tabor said...

Sports shots require lots of work because while you are trying to get the focus right, the composition changes and vice versa.

William Kendall said...

Good action shots.

Boud said...

This is definitely a photographer's challenge. Constant movement and change, lighting blur, limited access. You do okay.

Haddock said...

Love to watch this game (supposed to be the fastest game)

Margaret said...

I love seeing the photos but as I've mentioned before, can never follow the puck in an actual game.

RedPat said...

They did a lot better than the Leafs are doing.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The action shots of these games have only got better over the years, AC, and sure the players and their families appreciate them. Also, I am glad I was able to help with any confusion in the previous post. That has happebed to me as well and always appreciate when a fellow blogger questions something.

DrumMajor said...

Those are all so cute! Thanks for cheering! Yaaaaaay! Linda in Kansas

gigi-hawaii said...

Great action shots of the game! Well done.

Vicki Lane said...

I know nothing about hockey or skating, but their skills look impressive!