Saturday, November 26, 2022

My One and Only Black Friday Special

I know that you might have purchased a bargain new house or car, but this ↓ is the sum total of our Black Friday spending and deals, for we have but modest desires.

This ↑ is the coffee that we drink in the morning and have for a few years now. I am not exactly sure of the price when we began. Maybe it was $7.99 or $8.99 at the grocery store, but the cost kept rising, and believe it or not, the grocery store cost has escalated to $13.99.

As expensive as it still is, on a normal day, I can purchase the same coffee for $2 less on Amazon. Couching up $11.99 instead of $13.99 is still a lot, but I guess it's our little,  guilty, decadent pleasure, so that is what we do. 

On a hunch, or rather a hope, I checked with Amazon on Black Friday morn. Lo and behold, it was down to $8.39 which is $5:60 off the store price.

I tried to purchase 4 bags, but they limited me to 3.

Where there's a will, there's a way, so being the devious miscreant that I am, I shamelessly pled with Shauna to purchase 3 more on her deprived-parents' behalf.

We will shortly have 6 bags, which will keep us going for at least a week. #kidding

Both Sue and I drink two mugs per day. Sue has big mugs, but I am content with half mugs that are close in volume to cups. So this haul should last until the New Year.

I realize that Americans will likely be appalled at the Canadian prices that I have mentioned, but this is our reality. Just last week, Canada Post demanded $20 to ship one, tiny, old cassette tape abut 500 miles to be converted into digital. I had trouble not swearing when they revealed the cost. However, the person on the desk wasn't responsible, so I bit my profane tongue. But oh did it hurt! Both the pocketbook and the tongue.

16 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have us beat for Black Friday spending, AC, as our total was 0. We also enjoy flavored coffees as a special treat and chocolate makes it all the better. Good to read that Shauna helped out and you are now well stocked.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good for you all...getting a good sale price. I bought nothing yesterday...but cyber Monday may attract me to spend a bit - for gift giving mainly!

Marie Smith said...

My MIL recently sent a parcel with small things for the kids. The parcel was $36, many times the cost of what was inside. Ridiculous!

Vicki Lane said...

Mailing costs are indeed ridiculous, until you consider the alternative of delivering the item yourself. And coffee--my husband is constantly looking for a better by for our morning coffee. I'd be fine with switching to tea.

Debby said...

I planned to stay totally away from all shopping on Friday...except that Tim wanted chocolate chip cookies and I was out of butter. So we went, dragging William along with, and went to the Aldi store. THe parking lot was quite nearly empty, and so we were able to pick up a few necessities there and quickly. Coming out to the car, I managed to bump my knee on the car bumper which was excruciating. We decided to make a quick stop in to a big box store to pick up a bottle to glucosamine condroitin. It was crazy packed and we got what we needed and got ourselves home.

We did purchase a smoker from Cabelas for a Christmas gift for one of the kids though. We got it for $99.99, down from $149.99. Should be here next week.

Margaret said...

I can only get my mocha chocolate (Monin's Dark Chocolate Sauce) from Amazon and am willing to pay any price. It's gone up from just under $25 to $46 which is ridiculous. But I do enjoy my one mocha per day. I'm glad you got so many servings! It looks like a flavor I would also enjoy, although I don't have a Keurig, just a 30 year old Krups espresso machine.

Boud said...

Shipping often gives me pause, with online shopping. I used to like Vietnamese coffee, but it's hard to find now. Since coffee is maybe monthly feature, I can wait. But anything is better than giving business to Amazon. I use them for searching, then shop directly from suppliers.

RedPat said...

I spent 0. And I don't drink coffee so that saves a lot.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done!
I saw some flowers on sale, so I ordered them for Caitlin. She's stuck in the house with COVID!

Red said...

Prices have gone nuts. On some things they've made smaller packages

MARY G said...

If I said that it is the price that we pay to live in this beautiful, safe and gentle country, would that just be trite? It is certainly true.

Kay said...

I've been looking at the Black Friday deals too. So far, I just bought some Frixion pens for the grandsons. Now you've enticed me to look again. Hmmm...

Joanne Noragon said...

I've neither looked nor bought. Bad planning, as much as anything.

William Kendall said...

I bought some graphic novels. That's it.

Ed said...

I helped cut up several trees for firewood for a friend in need. In the end, I strained a shoulder muscle so took pain medication and went to bed early. No shopping was accomplished by me.

roentare said...

The lighting and the chair look great. Artistic atmosphere. I bought nothing on black Friday ironically. I am waiting on Sony A7RV to arrive on pre order. New gear motivates me to go to nature again.