Monday, April 17, 2023

Whitewater

On Saturday morning, I decided to use my long lens for a second round of whitewater photos. One advantage was that I actually needed some light, so I didn't have to get out early at the darkly crack of dawn. I won't go on about the equipment difficulties that I was experiencing, but I managed to get some photos regardless.

My first stop was back at the little bridge to once again capture how the water was swirling around the little trees. I took a number of shots as the water interacted with the tree differently second by second. I chose this one with an exposure time of 0.4 seconds.


As you can see, I decided to stick with colour this time. No, the light was not really that  blue (above), but that's how it came out of the camera, and I like it. Other than displaying it in colour it is similar to the previous version, but I used a longer lens so I didn’t have to crop as extensively,

My only other stop was just behind town hall to capture the little waterfall by the dam. These two photos were both 0.5 seconds. I also shot both longer and shorter exposures, but I preferred these versions.


Maybe I will shoot from the other side of the river sometime soon . . . but only after I tighten the wobbly tripod that was giving me fits on this morning.

16 comments:

DJan said...

Oooh, I love these shots. They are so pretty!

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love that first one. Wonder why the camera turns the water so blue. Strange technology that!

MARY G said...

Intrepid! And the timing looks perfect.

gigi-hawaii said...

Lots of movement in those shots. Almost looks like a video.

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely! Full of energy.

Margaret said...

These are wonderful--the power of water and motion. Beautiful!

Jeanie said...

They're all lovely -- and they remind me of cotton candy!

Marie Smith said...

Love these, AC. They have a mystical look about them.

RedPat said...

Powerful water.

Barwitzki said...

Wow... I love your photos... great.
I think you had a lot of fun :-)))
Good work.
Thanks. I'm happy to see.
Many greetings to you.

Granny Sue said...

That last one is a stunner! Very good work, AC.

roentare said...

Timing long exposure for water flow is an art

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that first photo with the blue colour.

Joanne Noragon said...

Excellent photos. Well done.

Jenn Jilks said...

OOoohhh. Good ones!
I have so many chores to do outside. I'm content to look at your photos!