Friday, April 07, 2023

AC at the REDdy

Back on Tuesday, Sue required an avant-garde model for her 365 photo of the day. The prompt also included the concept of odd. While my dear blog readers would be forgiven to think that oddness is sufficient reason for choosing AC as a subject, that was not precisely Sue's reasoning.

No indeedy, what Sue thought was that if AC were to wear three red items while posing as an intrepid photographer he would satisfy both conditions — avant-garde and odd.

We headed to the nearest park — the one around the corner — with the odd, avant-garde AC strutting in his red hat, red coat, and red shoes.

AC posed as directed, beginning with several shots around the pond. Although Sue always takes scads of photos, let's leave it at this solitary shot for this part of the session.

She moved me to the little foot bridge for phase two.



I asked her to take a shot of me seeming to blow on my hot camera, as if to cool it off after much shooting.


I will take some credit for the next location which was by the tree in the background of the photo of me crouching over the rail. She actually didn't wish to make me walk over there through the mud with my new shoes. I persisted, and they did get a bit muddy, but only on the bottom — thank goodness.

With chest inflated with pride, I also claim to be the one who chose the setup for this nonchalant pose for the first photo by the tree. I guess Sue liked it to because she used it in the composite that she ended up posting.


I cropped this one. While she needed to include the shoes for her prompt, I am not thus constricted.


Those were my choices from the probably three dozen photos that she took.

This ↓ is what Sue presented to her group. Her Photoshop Express app does multitudes of composites easily, so she uses this technique a lot. I hadn't seen this particular layout before, but I like it, including the red borders that Sue added.


It as a fun shoot in fairly nice, early-spring weather. The next day we were walloped by the awful ice storm that I posted about yesterday.



17 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Avant guard is a hard look to present. Not sure if I have any costumes that qualify!

Barwitzki said...

YES - Super - great work!!!
Your outfit is wonderful... I am very happy about your great jacket and the red shoes and especially the red hat. Excellent. I like it.

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the fifth shot. They are all great with you in your red attire, AC.

Granny Sue said...

I like these! The colors are really popping out. Those red shoes, though--I am jealous as my favorite pair died last fall and I can't find the same ones. So sad.

gigi-hawaii said...

Aw, I would have chosen the first photo of you pointing the camera at the beautiful scenery, and the photo of you blowing on the camera after shooting. Oh well.

Marcia said...

i believe that plaid is called a buffalo plaid but not sure why. are red plaid pants on your shopping list? we have sun today but cold winds after a warmish thursday.

RedPat said...

I am usually found to have at least 3 pieces of red on. It lifts the spirits in winter.

William Kendall said...

Those are good shots.

Margaret said...

Wonderful shots! Love all the red and the spring weather. (even though it didn't last!)

Vicki Lane said...

It's the shoes. They really tie the whole look together.

The Furry Gnome said...

Very well done!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are really good! Well done, both of you.
I took photos of my granddaughter cleaning my eaves today!

Joanne Noragon said...

Well done!

Red said...

Yes, that was fun. I enjoyed going with you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like your red plaid shirt.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Jeanie said...

OK. Let me just start out by questioning Sue's definition of odd -- because nothing about these photos or your role in them struck me as odd! Or particularly avant-garde. So, I'm confused.

That said, the photos are terrific and she did a wonderful job of capturing you at work (or what you might look like at work!) The composite is really terrific, too. And what a fun thing to do together!

MARY G said...

I really like Sue's composite. And your sartorial splendour.