Monday, April 03, 2023

Airy Car Lunch

No foolin: April the Onth was a very nice day. March had both come in and gone out like a lion, but April 01 was different. It was not that super nice, almost unnatural, really warm spring day, but it was good enough — the best spring day yet this year.

We stopped at Timmies for coffee, and turkey bacon club sandwich, and apple fritters, and of course, we took the food to the river.

It was warm enough to open the sun roof and roll down the windows.



It wasn't the day for a walk afterward, but it was good enough to sit and enjoy the sun and the breezes. For variation, I stuck the phone out the window for this photo.


Of course, as I write this on Sunday, April 02, it's pretty darn cold again. The temperature has gone up to -9 from -10, however, and the week forecast looks pretty decent, even though many nights will still dip below freezing.


I do this all the time; I wrote on Sunday about Saturday, and I post it on Monday for you to read whenever. Why do you put up with me?


17 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You both look so cheerful and great in your red attire!

Patio Postcards said...

Great in car photos. How nice to have a sunroof that opens.

DJan said...

How nice! And thanks for the forecast in Fahrenheit! I didn't have to convert it in my mind. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see you all enjoying a warm day! Every begining is such...and down the road a bit, you'll scoff at the day you were "warm enough to open the sunroof" and maybe even wish for that chilliness. Nah.

Boud said...

You guys really know how to enjoy simple outings. So cheerful!

Ed said...

I'm okay with your writing schedule. I often write a post that won't be published for two or three weeks later. I don't like the pressure of coming up with something to write about.

gigi-hawaii said...

We put up with you, because we like you. Love the red clothing. Really nice pics.

William Kendall said...

That time of the year.

RedPat said...

Saturday was beautiful here until it started to rain in the late afternoon. I have totally switched to the Celsius temps so have a hard time relating to the numbers on your chart. Who would have thought that would happen when we started on this change years ago.

Margaret said...

For me, I enjoy your words and your photos, plus those big coffees (yum!) and don't really care what day you're writing about when. :)

Anvilcloud said...

@RedPat. Yeah, I think you're young enough for that to be the case. I do F for the Americans. Once I grabbed that screenshot I switched back. But I am pretty well comfortable in both.

Red said...

You're the only thing we've got so we stick with you!

Jeanie said...

We put up with you because we like you. And those are really cute photos! Looks like you MIGHT be warming up!

Christina said...

I like to visit here because you are an individual with lots of interests that you share so kindly with your readers. I am never bored because I never know what you are going to write about next. Have a lovely week, hopefully with a few minutes of warmer weather.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Did I miss it, Christmas once again? Only fooling (a bit late) and you and Sue looked wonderful in your clothes choices. Nice to see you having another car lunch and what better place than down by the river too!

Jenn Jilks said...

We've had our roof open, too! It is so lovely!

Debby said...

Because we love you for your quirks~