Wednesday, April 12, 2023

First Morning Shoot of '23

Once winter strikes, my inclination to get out for an early morning shoot, just about dips to 0. I guess that my photo mojo is on the same scale as the temperature. In fact, except for a couple of brief excursions with Sue, I pretty much haven't  partaken in any dedicated photo shoot at all during the cold season.

With the mercury rising, I determined that Monday morning would be different, but when I saw that it was still below freezing out there, I came close to changing my mind. However, I did bundle up reasonably well and set off. It was still not exactly balmy up there on the trail bridge, but I persevered long enough to get the photos that I most desired.

I wanted this ↓ shot, for it had occurred to me that I had never taken one that included both the little bridge and the old MacArthur Mill. The time was close to being right, for if one is going to do it, I figured that it might be best if there were still some snow. It would also be preferable before the trees were to leaf out and obscure the mill.


Here's another from a slightly different angle.


Whilst there, I decided that I might as well take a shot looking in the other direction: away from the sunrise and toward town hall. I have likely taken this shot before but probably not with my wide angle lens. The subdued colours in that direction were not bad at all.


There you have it – my first early morning outing of the year: in this case, all taken with my wide angle lens. I may return with a different lens, maybe even at the same time of day.



14 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Good work. These are wonderful.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful! I've taken some dawn shots over the winter.

Boud said...

Getting out early, doing it so we don't have to. The furthest I go is my patio, still in bathrobe. Did that this morning. Your shots are much better though!

Marie Smith said...

Love the first and last shots best. Early morning is beyond me. That is my best time for sleeping.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like all of these, maybe the second is a favorite. Kudos for getting out in the cold and especially early morning. Not my forte'. It is always lovely to see sunrises from others.

MARY G said...

Great shots. As expected. Did you find your photo gloves?
I think the last shot is exhibition quality. Love it.

Should Fish More said...

Very nice photos...has the water risen much yet with the runoff?

Anvilcloud said...

@Fish. Oh yes, the water is high now. As might be expected, you will see some photos in due course.

gigi-hawaii said...

They all look good, though the 3rd is my fave, as I like the moon on the left.

Vicki Lane said...

Well done, John! Those are all beauties!

RedPat said...

Love the sky in the last shot.

Margaret said...

I too love the sky in the last picture. It's a sign that winter is (nearly?) over when you go out for an early morning photo shoot!

PipeTobacco said...

I always look forward to your architectural images!!!! I too ventured outside…. to run outside for the first time in a helluva lot of months!!!!

PipeTobacco

Granny Sue said...

Oh, pretty!