Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Second Morning Shoot: Sunless Tuesday

On the second day of real spring (atmospheric spring, not astrological spring), I was ready early again. This time I was early enough to remember to get the car washed before the hordes descended.

To my chagrin, I got rather drenched because I had left the sun roof open: not fully thank goodness. I just had it open a crack from the lovely weather of the preceding day. 

Upon exiting, I found one little rag to help dry things off, and then I decided to take this photo.


El Patchos Tacos has just set up their truck in anticipation of the season. They park on the corner of the car wash lot every year. For better or worse, I purposefully included one of the vac pumps in the frame.

I then drove to a spot from which to catch the glow of the rising sun. Unfortunately, the sun chose not to rise and glow on that Tuesday morning.

To come away with something, I shot town hall in the other direction through the trail bridge form which I had taken the photos in the previous post/ from which I had taken the photos of the previous post.



Before heading home, I chose to drive to Tim's to claim the free coffee that I had won in the Roll Up the Rim game before the offer expired. Claim it I did, but it cost me $10, for I was induced to purchase other comestibles. This is why I am poor.

* I have broken precedent and double-posted today to restrain my backlog from getting too cumbersome.

13 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Ah yes, the freebies that end up costing us!

Jeanie said...

That town hall clock is wonderful. Love shots like that!

Red said...

Getting up early gives you some great photo opportunities.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sorry your morning sun didn't glow!

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! I was trying to figure things out as I thought I HAD seen today’s post…… but now that I know there were two, I feel better! I really like the two town hall images! I like the delivery van image too. But, if the town hall images….. I found the one with the extra array of branches especially intriguing to look at longer.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

I guess the van is more likely a food truck than a “delivery” van. 😜

PipeTobacco

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hope you enjoy your coffee.

Coffee is on and stay safe.

Margaret said...

I love the color of that sky! I too am tempted to buy stuff if I get something free. Since I didn't have to pay for that item, it gives me license to spend money on other things.

roentare said...

The photos do appear quite gloomy and solemn. As if vampires are rising.

Barwitzki said...

This mobile home makes me dream of vacation...
happy greetings to you. I wish you a wonderful day.

Mitch Davis said...

Love the glow of the clock with the blue sky background!

Marie Smith said...

The free $10.00 coffee sounds about right, AC. Lol.

William Kendall said...

The clock tower is a beauty.