Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Progress

I hadn't planned to do another snow-level post just yet, for it should be even better in a few more days, but we were already out shooting yesterday, so I asked Sue to take some shots.

First, this is where we were recently. The dates are shown on the photo. You may also recall that I had mentioned that we couldn't see the 6 about one week earlier than March 18.

Yesterday, April 04.


From the front, March 28 and April 04.


We still haven't had any very warm weather, but the sun strengthens and is doing its job. If I do one more update early next week, we should see a vast difference.

It's different out back where there has been no snow plow to pile snow all winter. Half of the lawn there is bare. I won't post a picture because it's still dark out at 5:50AM, and I am just going to hit Publish now.


18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

It's nice to see I am not the only one doing snow be gone photos (col). You certainly did have quite a high pile out front. With today's rain the last of our snow should be gone.

William Kendall said...

You wonder what today's weather will do. Be careful out there.

Barbara Rogers said...

Do you expect any more snow this season? The big cushion of a front lawn of snow is certainly going its slow way away.

Ed said...

Be careful what you wish for! We had nearly 80 degrees F yesterday followed by three tornados though the closest was about 40 miles away. But schools were let out early and I stayed up late waiting for them to pass and more importantly, for the temps to cool down so I could sleep properly.

Marcia said...

ours disappearing too. stuck on wordle today. you get it?

Celia said...

Every time I see your cool snow photos I realize I'm a snow wimp. :-) I confess, I'm stuck at home when it snows partly because I haven't put snow tires on in years. I do have some great snow boots though.

PipeTobacco said...

We ended up have crazy thunderstorms and hail roll in today with an anticipated high temperature of 72!!!! Unheard of here at this time of year. But, the major thunderstorms already washed away all the snow this morning (other than the piles snow in parking lots). Large pools of standing water in most yards here at the moment.

PipeTobacco said...

Piles = piled.

gigi-hawaii said...

I look at the houses not the snow. Very beautiful homes, I must say.

RedPat said...

I hope that you don't get the freezing rain today. We have had a couple of really loud thunderstorms.

Margaret said...

Wow, lots of difference! Spring is on its way.

Barwitzki said...

Every year again... this waiting --- BUT it's so beautiful, SPRING.

Marie Smith said...

The sun’s power is amazing and takes the snow even if the wind is cold.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, you're making proress anyway.

Jeanie said...

Much improved. Just keep that sun coming!

Red said...

Yes, there's a difference in snow but there's also a difference in caps...one blue, one red. I wonder what that has to do with melting snow?

Anvilcloud said...

You make me laugh Red. Nothing. It's just that I have several hats. And there was a specific reason for the red, which we shall get to in due course.

Debby said...

And here I was, just about to make a smart aleck comment about 'it must be those red shoes....' Dang Red went and stole my thunder.