Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Church Pie Pickup

It is possible that the Ashton Church photos that I am about to post will look familiar to you, for I posted a photo back in October when I picked up the Thanksgiving pies. But I wandered around a little more this time and grabbed some different compositions.

Ashton is a hamlet not much more than 10 minutes from our town. At one time there were three churches; this one remains.

Sue was with me this time and recorded my wandering as well as taking some of her own pictures. It's a small and unique church with the pulpit in a corner (to the left) and curving pews focusing on the corner.  By the way, the church is most definitely smaller that looks in Sue's photo.


My photos follow. The lighting more or less reflects the conditions at the time. Sue's phone likes to brighten dark pictures and does a pretty good job of it. If possible, I like to record things much like they were. Of course, cameras see differently than humans do, so I never nail it. 





The pies were lemon meringue and coconut cream this time around. They were both very good: especially the lemon.

14 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

A pretty church & I like the curved pews. I have a craving for lemon pie now!

Boud said...

What's the deal with going to church for pie? Is it a church fundraiser?

Marie Smith said...

The curved pews are beautiful! A design of church I haven’t seen before.

Anvilcloud said...

@Boud: it is pie in the sky. (just kidding)
Yes, a fund-raiser.

MARY G said...

I love lemon pie, and am blown away by the second of the curved pew photos.

Celia said...

What a jewel of a building! Mmm, lemon pie.

Granny Sue said...

Lovely the way the pews curve. And those windows are stunning.

RedPat said...

What an unusual church. I would go for the lemon too.

The Furry Gnome said...

We've only been in a church like that once, in Swinton Park, south of here. Very interesting design.

William Kendall said...

An unusual layout for a church.

Margaret said...

I love churches and cathedrals although I'm not a church goer. More of a visitor. The light shining in the windows is beautiful. I don't much like lemon and actively dislike meringue, but I'd be all over that coconut pie!

PipeTobacco said...

I love looking at stained glass windows, whether traditional or modern. The stories they tell always captivate.

PipeTobacco

Jenn Jilks said...

That is an interesting space. People are getting creative repurposing churches.

Jeanie said...

That's a lovely church -- I like the curve of the pews and the gold of the windows. Nice shots! (And good pies, I hope!)