Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Hottest Day

We've had some gorgeous weather for a week, but Thursday was the ultimate. While one could complain that it got too hot at 30C/86F, one wouldn't because it was just one short, April day.

I began Thursday with an early morning photoshoot. The first photo is not the composition that I had most wanted, but I do like the blue and orange colours even if the composition isn't exactly compelling  

The second photo is a composition that I was hoping for with the sun rising in the gap between the buildings. While it isn't quite as good as I had hoped, it did work out well enough. I probably should have brightened the foreground somewhat, but it looks okay in full res on a big monitor. Having lower res photos looking a bit dark on Blogger is something that I put up with.

How synchronous, for as it happened, it was also that hot day that I had booked to have my snow tires removed. That little task was accomplished by 10:30, which gave us time to get to the Waterfront restaurant in time for a late breakfast. They just re-opened the patio last week, and we were keen to be some of the first customers before temperatures will revert to April normal, starting tomorrow.

It was my first day in shorts and tees, and I was quite comfortable,


But as you see ↑ the sun was strong, and the shade umbrellas weren't up yet, so  . . .


. . . I put my jacket on for sun protection. Then I got very hot, indeed.

My breakfast was mmm mmm good . . . and filling.

WATERFRONT SCRAMBLE
3 scrambled eggs mixed with peppers, onion, tomato, bacon, home fries and sausage covered with cheese and hollandaise sauce. Served with toast.

It was good to have that almost preternaturally hot day after that a devastating ice storm had caused to much damage just eight days earlier  



15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

A taste of summer indeed! Oh for the days without winter coats!

Barbara Rogers said...

Goodness, a sunburn problem in April! Well, your breakfast sounds just delightful.

RedPat said...

A nice taste of the season to come.

Granny Sue said...

I like the look of that restaurant. 80 in Canada this early sounds unreal!

Margaret said...

That's an amazing temperature! We may have approached 70 a few times but are mostly in the 50s and 60s. Drinking hot coffee also would make you hot! I would love that breakfast. Yum!

Jenn Jilks said...

It was a lovely day the house didn't get too warm, either!
Your hats are terrific!

Marcia said...

We didnt get to 86 but 80 was fine with us.

DJan said...

It's been cooler than normal here for the entire last month. I am looking forward to warmer weather one of these days. Short and t-shirts seem a long way off. :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

What a breakfast!

William Kendall said...

What a difference a few days can make.

Joanne Noragon said...

That was a two man breakfast!

Vicki Lane said...

The colors in the first two are wonderful!

Jeanie said...

We had that day too. Just don't put away the fleece and flannels. Trust me on this.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Breakfast does sound good.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Patio Postcards said...

I like your first photo of the bridge over the river. I like photos of water movement.