Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sue Stuff

One of Sue's recent bizarre prompts was to take something yellow from the house and to photograph it outside. There were other aspects to the prompt, so she chose to take a flowerpot down by the river behind town hall. I took some photos of the photographer at work.


This 🔽 was the picture that she posted. The sun looks like a light on a pole with townhall in the background.


Meanwhile, life has returned apace. Trees are budding, plants are growing, and birds are busy and chirping.

Sue asked me to set up my older camera with the long lens so that she could try photographing birds in the bath.

Mission accomplished.



Even at 400mm, these are very cropped images, but Sue caught the splashes well.


18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I really like Sue's capture of the bird having an early spring bath. Reminds me to get my bird bath set up & filled up, but maybe I'll wait until the snow melts (again) LOL.

William Kendall said...

The birds will enjoy that.

DJan said...

Sweet little birdies! Nice pics, Sue.

Marcia said...

It's like she was an intruder on that bird's private bath. So how many days in a row has Sue been taking a photo?

Granny Sue said...

I like those bird photos, made me smile! Your town hall looks very grand. I hope you will post photos of it one day...or have you already done so and I missed it?

Marie Smith said...

Great job, Sue! Love the sun as the light on a pole! Creative!

Boud said...

Some nice texture going in the flower pot setup, and perspective.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great birdie bathing photo. Love the flowerpot outside.

Red said...

Challenges help photographers to learn and understand much more about photography.

Suemn said...

I love the bird in the birdbath photos!

RedPat said...

I like her shot for the challenge a lot.
That is a very wet bird.

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia: this is her 2nd year of 365 photos. I don't think she has missed a day although she may have posted late once or twice, but just once or twice.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sue has interesting photos challenges! I love the yellow pot!
It's tricky using a phone!

Jeanie said...

We have cold, snow (not sticking) and budding trees that will lose their flowers before the weather switches, I fear. Sue does get some wacky prompts!

Celia said...

The pop of yellow flowerpot is really good. And what a wonderful town hall.

MARY G said...

Yellow pot set up is lots of fun.good! And the bird is happy for sure.
We have the usual culprits trying to make nests on the porch lights. Some stamping and sweeping going on. And I have two daffodils out.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice photos!

Joanne Noragon said...

Love Sue's pictures, and your pictures of Sue.