Sunday, April 09, 2023

The Day After, Part 2

Yesterday, in The Day After post, I showed some icy photos that were a result of the storm. As I ended that post, I was leaving the park to go grocery shopping. I didn't get around to showing you these two photos that I took as I was heading out.

This one was probably my favourite photo from that day.


The poor robins were busy scavenging for food. They come back too early, but I know they have nesting on their minds. I like how the unfortunate bird is surrounded by the icy cover and how it is keeping one cold tootsie off the ground.


I did the shopping. Even though it was the day before Good Friday when the stores can get ultra busy, I was there early enough that it went smoothly. It didn't go so smoothly in the parking lot, however, for I exchanged a few unpleasantries with the old coot in the next car.

While I don't always avail myself of handicap parking spaces in smaller lots, I do use them in the big lot at the grocery store. There is no cart corral near the handicap area, but there is a small empty space that is not a parking spot. I use it almost all of the time.

This guy made some flippant remark. I can't even remember exactly what he said, but it was probably about me being too lazy to take my cart to the proper spot. I barked at him, and then I barked again.

The irony was that it his wife that was taking their cart to the corral while he sat there not minding his own business. Ah well.

After dropping the groceries off I headed back to the park. The sun had broken through, and I was wondering what photos I might get. The results were not very good, but this does show just how icy it was.


And this ↓ was the tree under which I had posed for the recent odd red shoot.


There is some genuinely warm weather in the forecast this week. I wonder how much it will diminish the snow pile.

=============================

I just want to add that it is Easter monirng, and it is the first day that I have noticed the sun hit my monitor in the moring. In a lighthearted way, I have marked this as the first day of spring for several years now. Note: I have left morning as I initially typed it – twice.



18 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

It's really hard to get a dark background to show the fragile iced branches...especially in sunshine! Love number one photo too!

Marie Smith said...

Your nemesis is morning!

I that first photo, AC. It is a keeper for sure.

Boud said...

These are some cold scenes.

Tom said...

Love the color. Photoshop?

Marcia said...

that robin has adapted to the ice.

DJan said...

I love that first shot, and the poor cold robin as well. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

@Tom: pretty close to what came out of the camera. I don't photoshop heavily for the most part.

RedPat said...

I'm still amazed that you were out & about in those conditions.

Anvilcloud said...

@RedPat: the path itself wasn't really too bad by then. For the most part, it was bare wet.

Margaret said...

Your photos are so beautiful and calm. Your encounter with the old coot not so much!

Red said...

The first photo is a keeper. The rest are great too.

The Furry Gnome said...

I really like your ice storm pictures even though an ice storm has some terrible results.

Joanne Noragon said...

We had a big wind storm last week. Rather destructive.

Granny Sue said...

Boy, I love these photos!

William Kendall said...

What a storm it was.

MARY G said...

The robin is very, very funny ... especially with your caption. And you did get the ice very well. I did not, although I tried.

Jenn Jilks said...

It was so shocking. I'm still recovering.

Jeanie said...

Your favorite photo should be a Christmas card. It's stunning.