Sunday, July 31, 2022

We Finally Have Footage

I usually read your comments on the Blogger Dashboard. Although I tend not to reply to many comments, sometimes I do. And sometimes I see that a comment didn't make it to the actual published post. This happened with Ed yesterday and if I recall correctly, also with Red recently. Once again, be reassured that I do see them all even if others don't. This never used to happen but is now a fact of Blogger life.

==============================

I finally downloaded my video of our most recent bike rides. I pruned it down from about 13 minutes to 3 minutes and also speeded it up to make it more interesting. Riding on a trail made it vary shaky. YT used to have an option to smooth out jerky video, but I didn't come across it this time. Likewise, there also used to be an option to add a soundtrack. If it's still there, I certainly missed it this time. The very last section is less shaky because we were on pavement at the time. 


And here is Sue's video from a few days earlier: the Slog ride. I also just selected clips and sped up the play. Hers is of much higher quality, which I will mostly attribute to an iPhone 13 versus a 10. There may have been other factors too, such as the orientation of the phones, but we were using the same kind of holder. 


I did attempt to look for free background music to add interest to the second video once I had realized that YT didn't do this anymore. I have been able to do this in the past, but every ancillary service seems wants money now. Even if they say that it is free, it seems to be for a very limited trial period, and they want your credit card info regardless. I was getting grumpy and refused to play the game, for this is just really a one-time thing for me.

So, whatever the quality and interest, it is mission accomplished as far as cycling footage goes.

20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You are going quite fast, AC. Impressive to maintain control at that speed. The trail looks quite narrow too.

DJan said...

Cool! Nice to be able to join you on your bike ride. :-)

Boud said...

AC did say he sped up the video. Looks as if you're really enjoying, whatever the distance, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great videos of a wonderful bike trail...though I guess if you did it daily it could get boring. Come try some mountains! There are a few walking/biking trails, mainly near towns or rivers here. The pedestrians seemed to know when you were coming, did you have a horn or something to warn them?

Tabor said...

That is one lovely bike trail with lots of variety and nice and level!

Margaret said...

Love the trees but those little bridges would make me nervous. I'm not always good at steering in narrow quarters. The speeding up of the video makes you look like you're in the Tour de France! :)

Vicki Lane said...

Whew! I'm exhausted! The speed-upmakes it quite a thrill ride.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was a bit scary along the boardwalk bridges! I know you sped it up, but I'd be afraid a dog would go after me!

PipeTobacco said...

Video footage of bicycling always has a “scary” feel to it….. to me it always SEEMS faster than it actually feels when bicycling.

Instead of canned, free, background music….. you could sing accapella instead! :)

Your recent comments inspired a rare Sunday post from me, if you feel like reading.

PipeTobacco

gz said...

That's a good path..we could do with more around here!

Debby said...

That is a nice bike trail. Is it a loop? How long is it?

PipeTobacco said...

Oh, and yes…. I did recognize your video is speeded up a bit. :) But even at normal speed, those kind of videos do get a scary sort of feel compared to doing it in real life. I suspect it is because it feels a little “disembodied” in video. :)

PipeTobacco

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

You "youngsters" are so techy ... I liked Sue's best because it had a human in it ... you are human aren't you AC?

Joanne Noragon said...

For future reference, slow the action going around bends. My stomach actually jumped.

William Kendall said...

Good videos!

peppylady (Dora) said...

When I was young I enjoy bike riding.
Coffee is on and stay safe

William Kendall said...

I haven't biked in years.

Patio Postcards said...

Well that was fun ... thanks for taking us along on your bike ride.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And now I feel properly exercised just from watching these videos and not in the least bit tired.

Jeanie said...

If you download music onto your computer, youtube will let you use that. It will often say there is a copyright notice but you can usually use it if you aren't advertising in it. I've only had one music selection flagged that it couldn't be public because of copyright and that was a Beatles song.