Sunday, July 10, 2022

Back at the Pond

On another very early morning after another very rough night, I headed back to the pond. I wasn't up to faffing about with making careful compositions using my tripod, so I held my camera over my head and took a few shots. I did this to get above the field foliage that was in the way of the pond at eye level. Holding the camera like that is not conducive to producing tack sharp images, particularly when I was  also shooting at a very slow shutter speed, but I like them well enough regardless. As is often the case they are a bit dark, especially at Blogger size and in low light, but they look good enough at high res on a large monitor.


This ↑ was my favourite shot of the morning. I like this ↓ too but I have previously shown you something similar and a little better. Similar or not, each day and each press of the shutter is not identical to the previous result.


I did take two more photos.


I specifically wanted a fence ↑ for Fence Friday on Flickr, and then ↓ I saw that some clouds stood out well above the treeline for another somewhat different result.


21 comments:

Boud said...

Yes, each photo on each day is different. Yiu can never take the same one twice. Sorry your sleep is disturbed though.

Marcia said...

I like the last one the best.

William Kendall said...

Lovely dawn skies.

Marie Smith said...

The rising sun creeps into our world for beautiful images, AC. Well done.

DJan said...

I enjoy your nightly and morning shots very much. Wish you could get some sleep, though. :-)

RedPat said...

They are all gorgeous.

Barbara Rogers said...

Very nice dawn shots...they have a very peaceful feeling.

Vicki Lane said...

Those are all beautiful! Your loss of sleep is our gain.

Jenn Jilks said...

Probably it is good to get out early and get some fresh air, especially if you aren't sleeping!
It is well worth it!

Margaret said...

I love all of them; they are so peaceful. #2 is my favorite!

gigi-hawaii said...

Very nice photos. Calm, serene, peaceful. Worthy of framing.

Karen said...

I don't know if you have ever considered this John, but I've discovered that cbd has really helped my sleep hygiene. I slowly let a pleasant tasting gummy dissolve in my mouth about an hour or hour and a half before heading to the nest. (And it's important to take it EVERY day) It doesn't make me sleepy, but it sure seems to tell my nervous system that it's time to relax. Haven't been waking up in the middle of the night in ages.

Jeanie said...

I like them all but agree -- the one with the reflected lights is my favorite, too!

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Blogger appears to still be removing comments- I know I left a comment this morning.

Mage said...

We are amused.

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful photos...thank you...I like them and relax.
I have to admit, I take my photos with my phone... I hope you check out my blog anyway...
I'm wondering do I need to improve the quality?
The reflections in the water are fantastic. And also the cloud formation in your last picture with the trees and the blue and red tones.
Greetings to you.
Thanks.

Red said...

You have some great morning shots.

Joanne Noragon said...

I especially like the first two.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Do you enter any of your photos in fairs or such. I think you would do quite well.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Debby said...

I love those early morning shots.

Rita said...

Lovely shots! :)