Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Ride #9: Not a Slog

Five days after the slog cycle and with the weather cooler, we had a much better ride. We even went a bit farther than ever before – 7.7k. We're still well short of 10k, but it still 0.8k farther than our previous best. We are still having great trouble getting video to download, but Sue captured a few snaps from a time lapse, featuring ..  . tada! . . . moi.



Oh! I do have one more photo from my echinacea shoot the other morning. I didn't like it at first, but it has since grown on me. It's subtle in both light and colour, and for sure won't knock your socks off.

Oh again! I also blended an echinacea photo from an earlier shoot with one of my fireworks photos from Canada Day.




18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The last shot is quite interesting. That is a beautiful trail you rode, FG. Well done.

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats on improving your exercise! A good role model! So glad you and Sue could do a few shots to prove it!

DJan said...

You certainly seem to be having fun!

Jenn Jilks said...

The cooler weather was welcome!
Interesting photo. We had lunch in CP yesterday and drove past the trail. Great bike paths.
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

gigi-hawaii said...

I love that 2nd shot by Sue. It looks like an Impressionist painting. The red contrasts well with the green. Beautiful.

Jeanie said...

So glad it wasn't a slog! Every day better and better! That last photo -- WOW!

Margaret said...

I'm so envious of your bike riding. Great shots! That last one is cool.

NGS said...

What a lovely bike path. It's so nice to see you taking advantage of all that the area you live in has to offer!

Mage said...

Thaank you Sue. And, that last shot is grand.

PipeTobacco said...

The combined image of flower and fireworks was very clever and surprising and enjoyable! I also like the look of your bike trail. It seems quite pleasant.

Thank you for the comment about the RCC. I am thinking about writing some in a post (in the next few days) about the indigenous boarding schools.

PipeTobacco

William Kendall said...

The last is astonishing.

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat combination!

Joanne Noragon said...

Biking is good, even if you cannot pull off the picture part.

Red said...

I wish I was still riding. I quit the day I was 80.

Vicki Lane said...

Ooh! The firework echinacea!

PipeTobacco said...

I tried my best.

PipeTobacco

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't do well in heat or cold.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Kay said...

Oh goodness! That last photo was a huge surprise. I love that effect.