Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The Rising with almost No Traffc

Just a note in passing. Sometimes your comments don't seem to officially publish from some reason, but I see them all. Yesterday, I saw five comments in my edit panel but only three actually posted publicly. So, please keep commenting. 😎😇

==================

My wrist began to vibrate at 4:40. The vibrations are effective and in my case even more than an audible alarm, considering my hearing handicap. Also, leaving the sound off doesn't awaken the Lady of the Manor although my subsequent meanderings sometimes do. Sometimes she hears me rumbling around although I try to be quiet. At other times I go forth and return without her noticing. She'll come into my den when I am back on the computer, perhaps processing photos, and ask, "Did you go out this morning?"

On this Saturday morning, just 3 days after my first effort to shoot the sunrise over Cavanagh Road, I was back again. Thankfully, traffic was much more sparse on a Saturday. I think it would even better on a Sunday, but who can know what the skies would be like then? They do say to strike while the iron is hot.

When I got to my spot, the sky looked good. I took a few pics from the shoulder as a couple of cars went by although very few did bother me on a Saturday morning. 

Car travelling away from camera  @ 5:19  – 13 minutes before sunrise.

Car coming toward me @ 5:17 – 15 minutes before sunrise.

I went onto the road.

5:20 – still 12 minutes before sunrise

5:22 – 10 minutes to go
 
The sun is now up but mostly still behind the trees.

5:33 – it's up but we just see the glow behind the trees

5:35 -- now beginning to peek over the trees
It is quickly moving west (right in the photo) away from the centre of the road.

The sun is rising very and also moving west very quickly.

5:38:30 – We see almost half of the sun.

5:39:40 – Almost 8 minutes after rising, we almost see it all.
Moderately disappointingly to me, it is completely off the road,
but ya gotta love the reflected light on the pavement.

Although I had hoped for a cloudless sky, I saw the sun well enough, and I think that the clouds actually made for much better photos. I don't think that I will be able to do any better at this time of year, Maybe to sun will centre better in another season.

20 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

WOW - these are all very dramatic photos of the sunrise. I think 5:33am is my favourite, but I also like 5:38am

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I especially enjiyed the timing of the sunrise progression and a weekend morning seemed a good time for less traffic, and for standing in the road, as well.

Marie Smith said...

It’s amazing the difference in the sun’s position from month to month. I hate to see it move into that winter position. Sigh…

Great shots. I especially like the one from the centre of the road.

DJan said...

Very enjoyable shots. I like the 5:33 the best but they are all nice. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

As the sun rises in different places along the horizon that reflect the earth's tilt...it would be a week or so earlier for it to have been on the road...and I know you tried but there were other aspects to consider. And...these are all great sunrise pictures.

Boud said...

I commented and I think it vanished! I love the pictures. Can't choose now.

Ed said...

I've been wondering what has been going on. I've commented several times this past week and I swear it shows up in the pop up commenting box when I click Publish, but then I never see it appear on yours or another blog that I frequently comment on when I swing by the following day to see what else everyone said or see if you had a response.

MARY G said...

A fine job. And you are alive and unsquashed. Bravo!!! And now I know better where you were.

Rita said...

I like them all but 5:22 is my fav.

Jenn Jilks said...

You be careful out there in the dark and dawn!

PipeTobacco said...

All are beautiful. Orange as a color always gives a sense of excitement and drama. Even though I may be in the minority opinion, I think orange is one of the most beautiful colors.

PipeTobacco

RedPat said...

They are all wonderful but I really like the 1st two the best.

Marcia said...

The colors in that sunrise were gorgeous.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice series!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous. I got a couple of dawn shots in the other day.

Joanne Noragon said...

Baited breath waiting for the sunrise, then so captivated by it I didn't realize until the end the damn sun missed the center line completely. Wonderful photo, nevertheless.

Margaret said...

I do love the reflection on the road and actually prefer the photos where the sun isn't up.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...


They are all lovely and my favorite is the last one with the sun rising. Also I checked back a few entries and have to congratulate you and "the lady of the manor" for getting out and riding your bikes.

Jeanie said...

It looks like it was a beautifully productive early rising! You have remarkable sunrises!

Kay said...

This is beautiful, John, but I hope you're getting enough sleep too.