Saturday, July 02, 2022

Foggy Pond

Once again, I set my watch alarm for 4, this time being clever enough just to put it on vibrate, so as not to disturb Beloved's slumber. Since I don't hear so well, the vibrations probably worked better than if there were no vibrations at all and just volume. 

From what I could see through bleary eyes and rain-splattered windows, the sky was not particularly inviting. I put my head back on the pillow but was too awake to gain further repose, especially since I was still experiencing the siren call, so to speak.

I didn't have much of a plan, but when I realized just how foggy it was, I decided to head back to the pond. I am glad that I did.

I took five different compositions, but, back on the computer, I only liked two of them. This ↓ very subtle and subdued one was my second composition, which I cropped into a pano in edit. I actually processed it after my third composition, the shot below this one. 

4:46:42

My favourite image is this ↓ one: a combination of two exposures. One exposure was for the whole scene, but in the other, I shone my headlamp on the foreground. This gave the foreground a bit of life rather than be almost black.

4:47:54

I grew about two inches during this shoot because my poor shoes picked up that much mud after the rainy night. The mud is a result of this is right beside a construction site, and I imagine that I will lose access to this pond at some point. I removed my shoes before getting into the car and tried to clean them off, at least a little, in a puddle outside the house when I got back home.

13 comments:

Boud said...

Reading with early morning blurry eyes, I kept looking for the frogs! Oh, not froggy, foggy. Very nice experiments.

Marie Smith said...

Both are beautiful, the second is my favourite though.

Marcia said...

I couldn't tell what I was looking at in the first photo but do like the second. You must be sleeping better if you are having to set an alarm to wake you that early.

DJan said...

Very lovely photos, I like the second one too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great mood of early dawn, the peace and quiet that just comes through these photos...second one is my fav.

Debby said...

Good on you, not to waken beloved. I love the second picture, the detail in the foreground fading into the dreamy background. It reminded me of falling asleep.

Haddock said...

Mud getting stuck under the shoes can be a real pain at times.

RedPat said...

These are both fabulous.

Doris Potter said...

Nicely done!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Peaceful looking.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Margaret said...

Beautiful! I love the eerie beauty of that last shot. It was worth the muddy shoes.

Jenn Jilks said...

Really well done! It was worth it, wasn't it?!
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

William Kendall said...

Dreamy.