Wednesday, November 03, 2021

The Boneyard, Part 2

My first post of The Boneyard was of the first two photos that I had processed and sent to my Blogger folder. There was a rust bucket of a vehicle which I thought might have been a Model T, but I have been told that it isn't. There was also a fries truck that didn't particularly make a great photo, but it was somewhat humourous.  Here's the link if you missed that post but if you still want to see those photos.

I thought that I should post a few photos of spots where I came across little collections or gatherings. Perhaps, they will give you a bit of an idea of the breadth of the overall place, but please remember that there were scads more vehicles, many of which I didn't get around to.





Of this group, I think the next and last photo is my favourite. As in the first photo of this post, I lifted the tripod, or at least the camera (I forget which) over my head. The trucks in this photos also form a receding line with a truck at the far point of what is almost a triangle. I also like this exposure best of this bunch. It is a little lighter or brighter.

That last photo was taken near the end of my trek when this ole fella was feeling pretty much exhaustipated. Otherwise, I might have plodded into their midst and taken some closer photos because the subjects do look interesting.

15 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a wonderful photo adventure, AC, and one which is right up there with those we enjoy. And, if we lived closer, this one would certainly be a day trip for us. Now, I am off to check the link to the previous post!

DJan said...

Yep, that is definitely a boneyard. I do like the first photo, with the painted flames so prominent.

Barbara Rogers said...

I seldom go wandering in our "junk yards"...but most of them have a high fence, and vehicles sort of crammed into one small acre or so. No trees, vines or high grass. So you definitely have a spot that is unique...at least in my limited experience.

Vicki Lane said...

What a beautifully creepy place! I'd love to see it under a full moon.

gigi-hawaii said...

These photos are awesome. By the way, I have been taking Gabbapentin for over a year for neuropathic pain in my right leg. It really helps a lot. I can't do without it. Take care of yourself, dear friend.

Marie Smith said...

One can only imagine the number of old vehicles there. I enjoyed this glimpse.

Margaret said...

I like that last photo best too. It's a truck cemetery or some people's yards around here if you go far enough out into the country.

Red said...

The subjects ae interesting and bring back memories for this old guy.

Marcia said...

Never heard that sort of place called a bone yard. We always called it a junk yard. My dad would say when we'd drive passed one "it must be a good place to eat - look at all the cars there."

It does look a bit spooky.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a seriously interesting place, even if spread out!

Wendy said...

Oh, I've never been to a bone yard! Creepy, yet interesting at the same time. Isn't it fun exploring?

MARY G said...

That was some hike. Whoof. Lots of wrecks to love, but one trusts you are not now about to join them.

William Kendall said...

They're disappearing.

Mara said...

They do take engines and such out first though don't they? Before putting them to pasture so to say.

I love your pretend Model T in the first post. It certainly looked like one to me, but I don't know my Fords from my Subarus...

Jenn Jilks said...

I heard about a woman who rents out mannikins. She also has them in her yard, and lets people come in for photos. A bit creepy! I thought of you, though. You'd rock it.